Chapter 3

I don't have much to say about this character, really. xD Just enjoy guys~

Chapter 3

"Mom, will we be all right?"

"Yes, (Y/N), we will." A motherly face poked through the chilly blackness in your head, leaning downwards to gently peck your forehead. "Daddy will protect us..."

A harsh wind buffeted the air, making the face disintegrate into a colourless mist. It was blown toward you, so you closed your eyes quickly, wanting to protect them-

A shriek suddenly pierced your ears, prompting you to open your eyes again and to look around. You were surrounded by walls, house walls, and it was too dark to really see anything. The mist was nowhere in sight, and the place was dead quiet, making you quite aware of the sound of the floorboards creaking mournfully under your feet.

A voice, a familiar yet distorted, high-pitched voice hissed mockingly into your ear, "We will not let the Revolution overpower us... We will resist!" Demonic laughter followed, breaking the eerie silence of the room, laughter that deafened your ears, that rung in your brain, laughter that made you shiver yet also smile insanely-

I will resist. I will not let this overpower me. This is playing with my head. This is just another dream. I... I must wake up!

At those last thoughts, the cackling suddenly went quiet. The place settled down. And you could feel yourself start to drift away, away toward reality...

Although, just as you were about to flee from this horrible dream, words from so many years ago came to haunt you, pleading, confused, fearful words...

"We w-weren't bad people... W-Were we?"

You woke up with a jolt, sitting up and glancing around frantically. It didn't take long for you to recognize your surroundings. You were in your bedroom, upon an office chair and before your computer, whose screen was flooded with complex coding. Right. You had been creating a virus that would allow Bart to have emotions... You had surely fallen asleep at one point.

With a groan, you buried your face into your hands and bit your lip, holding back the tears that tickled at the corner of your eyes. Goodness, you hated these dreams so much. Bringing back what you stubbornly refused to remember during the daytime, mocking you, pushing you to your emotional limits, threatening to throw you over the cliff in your haunted mind, into insanity-

No, I must think about something else. It was just a dream, and I'm awake now. Just... Just a dream...

Yet your fear wouldn't quite leave you alone. With a sigh, you decided to turn toward distracting yourself by finishing your virus.

And, indeed, it ended up working. Before long, you were lost into a familiar, comforting world; one of numbers and coding.

"Hey, Bart, I've got a way to give you emotions," you called out as you strolled into your empty kitchen. A moment later, said speedster zoomed into the room.

He as grinning widely, as usual, and his emerald eyes twinkled with giddiness. "R-Really?!"

"Yup." You held up a memory stick, which he observed curiously. "It's a virus. It'll overwrite your happiness-only programming, and add other emotions."

You had been able to program the virus so easily since programming classes were obligatory at basically every school nowadays. Life revolved around especially computers, so learning to deal with them was essential... Although you wished you could've skipped the class entirely, it's not like you had had a choice. Well, at least it came in handy for this task.