Realize (3)

Tentenenen~! The time to upload has come. *imagine a deep voice*

Dedicated to SubwayStars because I had a really good time talking to her about... things. LOL.

HARRY READING!!! (Okay, I just noticed that I wrote 'Harry' instead of 'Happy'. And looking at the keyboard, P is pretty far from R. Hahaha.. Is this addiction or what? XD)

_________________________________________

"He's blaming me, mom. I don't understand. Is it my fault if Aunt Janice is making him do things he doesn't want to do?" Maxine demanded to Natalie.

She was having dinner with her mother and brother. Alex wasn't really listening that much – and that was a good thing. Natalie, on the other hand, patiently listened to Maxine's complains about Todd Samuels.

Maxine somewhat expected her mom to be mad on her behalf. But to her disappointment, Natalie gently smiled.

"Sweetie, you have to understand Todd's feelings, too," said Natalie carefully. "Being an only child, as he is, made him grow accustomed to Janice not telling him to take care of someone he barely knows."

When Maxine didn't look like she was convinced, Natalie added, "When Janice and I were about your age, she have had always wanted to have a daughter. But she got Todd. Nonetheless, she have always loved him. But when Janice saw you, I guess she sensed that somehow, she can express her dreams of wanting a daughter on you."

This made Maxine frown. Her mom wasn't making any sense. Because if she analyzed it carefully, her mom was implying that Todd was jealous of her. He just didn't appear to be that kind of guy. But to be sure if she was getting this right . . .

"So . . ." she started slowly, "Todd's jealous of me?"

"No." Natalie shook her head softly. Then, she grinned. "He's just very much irritated about being forced to ask you on a date."

Maxine blinked.

"What?" she exclaimed a bit too loudly, for Alex jumped in surprise. "Well . . . if he is being forced . . . did he . . . agree?" she added very quietly.

She didn't know what made her ask it. It wasn't like she was interested. She already decided that she despised his personality. All right, so he was handsome. But that wasn't enough to make her like him.

"Again, no," replied Natalie. "I've got the impression that Todd is not that kind of boy who will do something he, very clearly, do not want to do. I rather think that he's the kind that will do or say something he really means."

Maxine thought that her mom was probably right. She noticed it, too.

"How do you know if he really is that kind of guy?" she inquired, just to be sure.

"Because his mother told me. And you should know that mothers know best."

The next morning, Todd sat in the Ferguson's living room while waiting for Maxine. But she was ready this time so he didn't have to wait long. When they were about to leave, Natalie hurried to stop them.

"I forgot to tell you, we've been invited to a White party at Saturday in Connecticut by our lovely neighbor from downstairs. Now, don't forget," Natalie informed them. "I'm sure Janice already told you?" she added to Todd.

"Yes, Aunt Natalie," replied Todd, acting very polite and looking pleasant.

Maxine rolled her eyes. How come he couldn't act like that all the time?

They smiled one last time at Natalie and finally left.

Arriving at school, Maxine's thoughts were replaced by her excitement about the audition that afternoon. She got a strong feeling that she would do well, even though it was her first time joining a band. All day long, she was so occupied in thinking what to sing that it surprised her when the bell rang indicating that the last period has ended.

She quickly went to the Sky Cafeteria to meet up with Kim. After waving at Kim, they went straight to the Sky Studio. With Kim leading the way, she got to see the wide garden of the school. There were a lot of students – couples, mostly – around. She was strangely reminded of Heaven that she had to remind herself that she was only at Sky. Well, the name didn't really made that much of a difference.

They entered another building – a much bigger one than the building where the homerooms were held – across the Sky Quad. Maxine saw that there was a big banner hanging at the entrance door. In bold, red letters:

SKY MULTIMEDIA ARTS HOUSE

She felt a tingling sensation coming up to her spine. This was it!

They walked through the hall, turned left, climbed the stairs, and stopped. It was Kim who stopped abruptly. Maxine looked over Kim's shoulder to see what made her stop. To her surprise, a lot of girls were auditioning, too. 'A lot' seemed like an understatement. There were that many girls auditioning.

Maxine felt disappointment rush through her. But she didn't let it show.

One by one, she watched the girls go inside the Sky Studio. But then she noticed something. The girls that were auditioning kept talking about seeing the members of the band. And the girls who came out from the room would always appear smiling broadly as though they won the lottery.

That made her a little better. It looked as though they only wanted to see the member of the band, but not really get the spot. Why would they even waste their time? Surely, that band members were students of their school. They could easily see them without having the trouble of falling in line. Mind you, the line was long.

"I'm pretty sure they're irritated by now," Kim giggled.

"Who?" asked Maxine.

"The Sky Deviants."

"Pardon me?"

"It's the name of the band. I meant the band members," laughed Kim. She wasn't really auditioning. She was there to support Maxine – and that made Maxine even more grateful that she met someone like Kim.

Nearer and nearer Maxine kept getting to the door of Sky Studio. And at last, it was her turn. She looked at Kim for some kind of approval. Kim nodded to her encouragingly. She walked in the room, briefly glancing at Kim followed her inside and went directly to the band members. That was when she noticed that Todd and his friends were the actual members of the band.

_________________________________________

Hahaha!! Cliffhanged? I know the feeling. You know, I actually missed doing this. Hahaha..
What do you think will happen next? Comment and let me know! :D

Note: Next chapter will include Karl and Peter's introduction

Upload: April 9 (See? I won't let you suffer long. *wink*)

Please Comment and Vote -- if you like!! ^_^