Realize (17)

Monday: a refreshing new start for another week.

Todd, Brian, Maxine, and Kim were at the cafeteria during lunch time. As they walked towards their table, Kim caught Peter flirting with a senior cheerleader from afar.

Hey eyes immediately glinted. “Ooh! Looks like the troublemaker is back on track,” she beamed.

Brian stared at Kim in amazement. “Where do you get those nicknames?”

“Maxine,” answered Kim simply, shrugging.

“Clever,” complimented Brian, nodding.

Maxine grinned.

“Ridiculous,” muttered Todd.

Maxine snapped her head toward him before taking her seat beside Kim. She raised an eyebrow at Todd and decided to tease him.

“Awe,” she started, “he's just pissed being called 'Mr. Irresistible'.”

Brian and Kim laughed.

Todd rolled his eyes. “Shut up, Max.”

Maxine froze. Todd just called her by her nickname. It was the first time that he did that. Why, though? For some reason, her heart beat faster. She felt her face heating up.

It didn't mean anything. Of course not. It was Todd. There wasn't anything by it. But she couldn't help making a big deal out of it. She rapidly shook her head, forcefully pushing the thought away.

Before anyone could notice her sudden change of reaction, Karl came from nowhere and joined them. As he sat, he eyes was looking around the Cafeteria.

“Have you seen Peter?” queried Karl.

“Yes,” replied Kim. “He just left and went somewhere with someone. Why?”

“So, he hasn't told you yet?” said Karl excitedly, turning to look at the others.

“Told us what yet?” asked Brian curiously.

Karl smiled evilly. The gang stared at Karl. He only smiled evilly when he did some major prank with Peter. They were sure that they were about to find out what prank had been done.

“Do you know who Harvey Murphy is?” asked Karl, cocking an eyebrow and tilting his head.

“Yes,” said Kim slowly.

Brian frowned a little. “Of course. He was the one that made Peter look like a dupe in freshmen year, right?”

Karl nodded excitedly. “Right! Peter never — even once — forgot what happened that year. But you know Pete; he doesn't keep grudges on people. So he forgave Murphy for doing that to him. However, when a sudden opportunity of revenge comes to Peter, he doesn't ignore it. Instead, he grabs that opportunity and has fun with it.”

“What on earth did you do to Murphy?” demanded Todd curiously.

Karl didn't instantly answer. Instead, he smirked for a few moments.

“It started last week,” he finally began. “Peter found out that Murphy has had his eyes on Fei Stewart. And he has a hard time on getting near her. You know what Pete is like when he hasn't done a prank for more than a month. So eventually, he decided that the perfect target would be Murphy . . .

☺ ♪ ☺ ♫ ☺ ♪ ☺

(FLASH BACK)

“It's the perfect revenge,” growled Peter, smirking.

“Do you really think it'll work?” asked Karl, half-worried and half-excited.

“Of course it will,” answered Peter quickly, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “Karl, how many times have our plans backfired?”