Realize (18)

The writer of First Down For The Girls is baaaaaaaaack! Yay! And because of that, I dedicate this chapter to her! Obviously, I'm a BIG fan of hers. Also, be sure to check out her current work, "Strictly Business". It will surely be an awesome story! I can't wait to read more! :D

_________________________________________

It was Wednesday! When Todd and Maxine arrived at school, they noticed that it was unusually quiet. Maxine remembered the challenge of Todd about making her talk. But it seemed that he wasn't doing anything. That didn't mean she could relax.

In the hall, Maxine saw Peter flirting with some girls. Actually, there were two girls. As Maxine passed, she overheard their conversation.

Peter smiled charmingly at the girls that they almost melted.

“Will you go out with me?” asked Peter at the brown-haired girl on the right.

The girl answered by nodding.

“I want to hear it from your voice,” pleaded Peter, giving out his puppy-dog-look. “Please.

Maxine wondered how amazing his plead was. Any girl would fall for the face he was making right now. Even if she didn't want to admit it, she felt really bad that she wanted to go over to Peter and comfort him.

She mentally slapped herself. What in the world were she just thinking?! This was Peter she was thinking about!

Wow. Just wow. That was how strong Peter's charms could be when he wanted.

“I'll totally go out with you!” piped out the tanned girl on the left.

“What?! No way! He asked me! ” shouted the brown-haired girl.

Peter grinned, the puppy-dog-look now gone. There was only amusement and smugness left on his face. “Girls, girls.” They willingly turned their heads toward him. “May I have your ribbons?”

The girls sighed and handed it to him with sad expressions. He winked and thanked the girls. After that, he walked away. Just like that.

Amazing, Maxine thought in disbelief.

☺ ♪ ☺ ♫ ☺ ♪ ☺

In class 3-B, the chairs and desks had been changed from single chair to double. The old chairs were individually separated. Now though, the new chairs were by pairs.

Everyone was making a fuss over it as they stood by the door, unsure of what to do. Finally, Ms. Avery came through the crowd and walked to her table. She turned and smiled at her puzzled students.

“What happened, Miss Avery?” asked Gerald Conner, the stereo-typical class geek.

Ms. Avery leaned on her table and crossed her arms. “Headmaster Sky thinks this is a great idea for students to be closer to each other, Gerald.”

There was a mutter of complains.

“Now, now,” she said over the noise, “you can seat wherever you like, by pair,” she added with her smile growing wider.

Students decided to sit down. Todd chose his usual seat, at the corner of the room next to the window. Some girls attempted to sit beside Todd. But Michelle Jones glared at them. Michelle had a huge crush on Todd, see.

“Hi, Todd! Can I sit beside you?” asked Michelle bravely.

“No,” said Todd coolly, not bothering to look at her.

Michelle looked unfazed. “Oh! You made me speak. Here's my ribbon.” She gave Todd her ribbon and left him alone.

That's okay, though Michelle. At least he answered me. Unlike last year, he didn't even say anything.