Chapter 4: The Pack

"Dang," Brittany exclaims.

"Yep, he still has that scar over his left eye today," I laugh.

I just finished telling her about how I got back at my boy best friend when he played a prank on me. After hours of talking, we both realize that we had so much in common. It was fun talking to her and she is really funny.

"I didn't know that it was four thirty already," Brittany looks at her phone.

"Well, that little get together is in thirty minuets so I think that we should start getting ready," I suggest.

"If you want, we can get dressed together."

"I would like that," I smile.

"Great! Let me go get some clothes, shoes, make-up, and.... whatever else we need," she hurries out of the door.

"You do know that it is a get together not a party, right?" I yell after her, but she was already gone.

I decide to put on some lotion while I wait for Brittany to come back. About ten minutes go by before Brittany comes barging through my bedroom door. In her hand she has shoes, make-up, clothes, and more.

"Ok, you look to be about my size in both shoes and clothes," she dumps everything onto my bed.

"You, do know that I have my own clothes, right?" I give her a strange look.

"Yes, I know that, but now you have more options and more shoes."

"I definitely need to go to the mall," I look through her clothes.

"We can go tomorrow. I have been meaning to go to buy some, stuff, but unfortunately, I have not."

"Yeah, just let me know what time you want to leave here by."

"We can leave around lunch time," she smiles as she grabs a pair of army green skinny jeans. "Here, try this on."

After about twenty minutes, we both have our outfits on and are doing final touches to our hair and makeup. I am wearing the army green skinny jeans that I first tried on with a white off the shoulder crop top and white wedges. Brittany is wearing denim high wasted shorts, a black body suit, and black gladiator sandals. I decide to put my long grey hair into a half up, half down style while Brittany just leaves her hair straight down.

"Are you ready?" I ask as I put my mascara on my dresser.

"Yep," she pops the P.

"Is there anybody that I should be aware or cautious of?"

"A few," she nods her head.

"Well, can you tell me who?"

"When we get there, I will point them out to you."

"Alright, that's cool with me."

We both walk out of my bedroom and walk downstairs. As we reach the bottom, Brittany makes a B-line for the kitchen. I follow her and I see her taking out different types of alcohol.

"You do drink, right?" she questions as she takes two shot glasses out of the cabinet.

"Yeah."

"Good," she pours what appears to be vodka in the shot glasses.

She pushes a glass towards me and we toast before swallowing the liquor. Since it takes a lot of alcohol for werewolves to get drunk, we both take about five more shots. After, we drink our last shot, Brittany pulls me into the music filled backyard.

"This seems more like a party than a get together," I comment as I look at all the people dancing and do all the cliche party stuff.

"Yeah, well, this is a get together in our eyes," Brittany smiles at me.