Chapter 19: Welcome Back

"I am so happy that you decided to come after all," Echo says as we approach him.

"Yeah, me too." I smile half-heartedly.

We follow Echo into the house. Some pack members, who are in the front room, see me and instantly stop what they are doing. They stare at me as if they have seen a ghost.

"Honesty," a voice breaks the silence.

I turn towards the voice and Trina comes up to me and wraps her arms around me. I instantly do the same.

"Trina, I've missed you," I hug her tighter.

"I've missed you too."

"I'm so sorry that I left without a goodbye," I tell her.

"It's ok, you left when you had the chance I understand."

Next to us, we hear a throat clear. Breaking from the hug we turn towards Aaron.

Smiling, Aaron stretches out his hand to Trina, "Hi, I'm Aaron, it's very nice to meet you."

"Hi Aaron, I'm Trina," she shakes his hand. "How do you know Honesty?"

"I'm Honesty's boyfriend," he wraps an arm around my shoulder.

We hear a few gasps and a not so subtly growl from the people around us. For a few seconds, there is just awkward silence, once again.

"Well, Aaron," Trina looks at me, "It was very nice to meet you, but I have to get going. Honesty," she hugs me once more and whispers, "come see me tonight and tell me everything."

"I will," I whisper back.

"Well, let me show you both to your rooms," Echo walks up to us with a fake smile.

Following Echo, I immediately realize that he is taking us to my old room. As we get closer to my old room, the happier my wolf gets. Ever since I stepped foot on the property, my wolf has felt at home.

"Thank you," I say as we reach outside the door.

"No problem," Echo turns to walk away, "oh, and Honesty, if you don't mind, after you get settled in, please meet me in my office."

"Sure, we'll be there soon," Aaron answers.

"I'm sorry, but this is a matter for me and Honesty to discuss," Echo informs him.

"Well, I'm sure my girlfriend wouldn't mind me tagging along," Aaron says.

"It's ok Aaron," I grab his hand, "you should go ahead and get some rest while I go and talk with him."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Ok," he gives me a peck on the lips.

Once again, the growl that comes from Echo can be heard. Echo walks off leaving us to get settled in.

"I do not want to see him kiss you again," Echo says through the mind link.

"You can't tell me what to do," I respond.

"I mean it Honesty."

"Hey, I'm gonna take a shower," Aaron says, making me break the mind link. "You want to join?'

"No, I think I'm going to go see what Echo wants," I walk towards the door. "I'll be back soon."

I walk out the door and walk to Echo's office. Reaching the door, I contemplate knocking but decide to do what I want. Opening the door, I first see Echo sitting at his desk with what appears to be paperwork in his hand and his head down.

"You do know that there's this thing called knocking, right?" Echo says without lifting up his head.

"You do know that I do what I want." I walk over to the empty chair in front of his desk. "What do you want to talk about?"

Finally, Echo lifts his head up. He sets the papers down and looks me straight in my eyes. Standing from his chair, he walks around the desk until he is directly in front of me.

"I want to talk about us," he says.

"Us?" I scoff, "so you've wasted my time by bringing me here to talk about something that isn't going to ever happen?"

"Listen.."

"No you listen," I cut him off, "when you had me, you didn't treat me like how I was supposed to be treated, so what makes you think I would leave a man who treats me like a queen, for a man who cheated on me?

"Because I'm your mate and I love you."

"You don't love me," I stand up, "if you loved me you never would have cheated on me!"

"I was hurting!"

"I was hurting too!" I push him as hot tears begin to roll down my face. " You don't get to use Sophie's death as an excuse!"

"It's not an excuse. I was wrong. Dead wrong. First I lost the little girl who I thought of like a daughter, and then I lost the love of my life. I spent every day since what I did to you in pure agony. When you left I lost the best piece of myself and I will spend every day on this Earth telling you I am sorry," tears flow down his eyes and when I look into them, I can see how much he is hurting.

"You don't think I was hurt?"

"I never said..."

"Because I was. I lost the love of my life because of a stupid choice he made. My heart literally fucking broke that day." I start punching his chest.

"Honesty stop."

"When I rejected you, you weren't the only one that was hurt, I was hurt too." I continue to pound into his chest, as the tears blur my vision.

"Stop," Echo pulls me into a tight hug.

At first, I attempt to pull away but his hold is too tight. Eventually, when all the fight has left my body, I wrap my arms around him. I don't know how long we hold each other, but it calms me down.

"I hate you," I cry into his chest, soaking his shirt, " I hate you for making me love you, I hate you for breaking my heart, and I hate you for ruining what we had."

"I hate me too. I hate what I did to you and our relationship. And I will spend every day of my life trying to make it up to you," I feel his tears on my head, "just please give me another chance, I can't live my life without you. I love you too much and I know you hate me and don't feel the same for me, but can you at least give me the chance to earn your love and trust again?"

"You're so stupid," I lift my head from his chest, "you lost my trust, you never lost my love. And I hate myself for loving you, but no matter what I do, I can't stop."

Slowly, we pull away from the hug, and Echo's hand brushes against my stomach. Placing his hand on my stomach he feels a kick and looks into my eyes.

"Are you?"

"Yes, I'm pregnant."

"Is... Is it.."

"Yes, Echo, the baby's your's."