Chapter 12: The Date

I walk out of my bedroom and I walk towards the stairs. I begin to descend the stairs and as I reach the last step I spot Echo. He is wearing a black v-neck and jeans. Even wearing something so simple, he looks so good.

"You look gorgeous," Echo comments as I reach him.

"You look ok."

"Ok, just ok? I am the alpha of a powerful pack and all I get is ok?"

"Yes," I give him a peck on the lips, "So, where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," Echo grabs my hand and leads me out the front door.

"I hate surprises, just tell me," I groan.

"You're so impatient," he opens the car door for me.

"No, I'm curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat."

"Good thing I'm a wolf then."

"Funny."

"Come on, just tell me," I say as he starts the car.

"No."

"Please."

"No, now stop asking," he uses his alpha tone.

"Who the fuck you think you using that tone on. I am not part of this pack and when I do become a member of it, I will be your equal."

"I'm sorry baby, you just got annoying."

"I don't care. You can get mad at me but don't ever use that tone with me. You do not get to control me, ever."

"I'm really sorry babe. I just wanted this to be a surprise and I got frustrated. I will never use my alpha tone on you again," Echo places a hand on my thigh.

"You better not," I place my hand on top of his.

The rest of the car ride we just sit listening to the radio. Soon I begin to hear fair music and I instantly know where we are going. Echo parks the car and walks to my side and opens my door.

"I hope you like the fair," Echo says as I get out of the car.

"Are you kidding? I love the fair," I give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Good. I was going to take you to a fancy restaurant but then I saw the advertisements for the fair and changed my mind," Echo grabs my hand as we walk towards the entrance.

"I would have loved going anywhere, as long as I was with you."

"Really?"

"Really. Now come on let's ride some rides," I pull him towards a ride called Alien Abduction.

We spend over an hour riding many rides before we get hungry. We walk around looking at different booths before we finally settle on one.

"What can I get for you two today?" The woman in the booth asks.

"Can I have a donut burger with everything on it, fried pickles, cheese fries, and a cheeseburger with everything on it," Echo orders.

"And some jalapeno poppers, please," I say.

"Ok, your order should be ready shortly and you are number 53," she says.

Echo and I move out of the way of the people behind us and we go to the end where you pick up your food. We only wait a few minutes before we hear our number called.

"Ok, that's going to be $35.49." The man at the pick-up counter says.

Echo pays for the food and we walk until we see a nice little table to sit at. As Echo sits the food down, I run to another little booth and get us both some lemonade to drink. I walk back to the table and give him his drink.