Chapter 9: Day at the Lake

"I like your swimsuit," I tell Sophie as we walk on the path.

"Thank you," She smiles at me.

Sophie's Swimsuit

We walk a few more minutes and come across the lake. We all place our bags down and watch as Sophie runs into the lake. Brittany takes off her over shirt to reveal a beautiful one piece swim suit.

 Brittany takes off her over shirt to reveal a beautiful one piece swim suit

Brittany's swimsuit

"Damn, you look hot," I say to her.

"You one to talk. You over here looking like a whole meal," she giggles.

We laugh and walk into the lake with the boys following quickly behind. I walk near Sophie and I splash her a little bit. She turns around giggling and splashes me back. Soon her and I are in a huge splash fight. It gains the attention of everyone else, who decide to join in. I get tired of playing and I move away from the "splash zone".

"Why don't you come join us?" I ask Trina just now realizing that she wasn't in the lake with us.

"It's fine Lu- I mean Honesty," she replies.

"You know that I invited you to come with us so that you could enjoy the lake and our company," I get out of the lake and walk next to her.

"I know. It's just..." She trails off.

"Just what? You can tell me. I'm not going to judge you or get angry with you."

"It's just..." She sighs before continuing, "I feel like all of you are perfect with the perfect relationships and then there's me. Trina. The girl who's parents run the daycare. The girl who helps serve the drinks at certain parties because she has no one else to talk but she has to attend."

"Look at me, Trina. I am far from perfect. I run away from situations when they become too much to handle. And as far as my relationship with Echo," I chuckle a little, "that is not a perfect relationship. He's my mate and I do really like him, but I don't love him and it might take some time for me to love him. We aren't even boyfriend and girlfriend yet. We haven't even been on a date. So don't look at other people and their relationships and say its perfect because Hannah Montana said it best nobody's perfect."