Chapter 5: Past Affairs (part 1)

After hours at the party, I decide to head to bed. I tell Echo and Brittany goodnight as I go inside. As I pass through the kitchen I see two females by the island. One has blonde hair and the other has brunette hair.

"He is going to keep coming back," the brunette speaks up.

Figuring that she's not talking to me, I keep walking.

"Hey, slut, my friend was talking to you," the blonde one says catching my attention.

"Excuse me?" I look at them.

"You heard us, Echo, will come back to us, he always does," the blonde says.

"And who the fuck are you exactly?" I look at them like they are crazy.

"I'm Lola," the brunette speaks, "and she's Becky."

When she says her name, I am reminded of Brittany's warning. Trying to control myself from jumping on them, I take a few breathes before responding.

"Ok, Lola and Becky, what the fuck do you want?" I say as calmly as I possible can.

"We don't want anything, we just want you to know that even though you're his mate, he will always come back to me," Lola says. "I mean, us."

"So enjoy it while it last, because in a week, Echo will be back in our beds where he belongs instead of with a slut-" Becky doesn't get to finish because I punch her straight in the nose.

She begins to wail as blood leaks from her nose. Lola runs to her friends rescue and seeing her eyes go from green to white, I know she's mind linking someone. Soon Echo comes in and runs to Becky's aid.

"What happened?" he asks as he gets a wet rag for Becky's nose.

"Lola and I were just trying to get to know her and she punched me for no reason," Becky lies as she leans into him.

"I am going to ask again, what happened?" Echo asks, not believing her.

"Learn to keep your bitches on a leash," I comment as the bleeding from Becky's nose stops.

"What happened?" he asks once again but this time in his alpha voice.

Becky and Lola instantly tell him what really happened. After he makes sure Becky is healed, he punishes Becky and Lola both.

"Why isn't she getting punished?" Lola whines after Echo tells them their punishment.

"Because he can't punish me dumbass. I am not apart of this pack yet so he doesn't control me and as long as we are not mated, I will not be apart of this pack. And even if I become apart of this pack he still can not punish me. Because unlike you, I am his equal, I'm not beneath him and I refuse to be anything less," I say.

"She's right, but that doesn't concern you anyway. She is your future Luna and both of you will respect her as such, starting today, do I make myself clear?"

"Yeah," Lola rolls her eyes.

"Whatever," Becky folds her arms.

"I said, 'Do I make myself clear?'" Echo says sterner.

"Yes, Alpha," both girls bow their heads.

"Good, now get out of my sight," Echo says, and then turns to me as they leave.

"What?"

"Your first time meeting the pack and you give one of my members a broken nose," he shakes his head.

"And, so what? The bitch had it coming and I would do it again except I would punch both of their asses."

"You are supposed to be acting like a Luna, not some crazy person."