Chapter 17: Time Passed

"Babe stop," I giggle as I feel tickles all over my body.

"Give me a kiss and I'll stop."

"Fine," I kiss Aaron, my boyfriend of 3 months.

The kiss begins to get heavier, and soon my shirt is ripped from my head. Before anything can get too serious, a wave of nausea hits me. I quickly move from my spot on the bed and make it to the bathroom just in time to throw up in the toilet.

"You ok?" I feel my back being rubbed.

"Yeah," I slowly get up from the floor, "I just don't understand why they call it morning sickness, when it happens every time of the day."

"Cause he's a fighter," Aaron walks behind me and places his hand on my belly.

"We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet," I open the cabinet and begin brushing my teeth.

"I just have a feeling. " he kisses my cheek before leaving the bathroom.

As I continue to brush my teeth, I place my free hand on my belly, feeling soft kicks here and there. After I finish brushing my teeth, I decide to get in the shower.

"Aaron," I call out his name.

"Yes?"

"Can you come in here and shave my legs for me, please."

"Of course babe," I hear his footsteps get closer to the bathroom.

He comes into the bathroom with a small stool. He takes his shirt off and gets the shaving cream and a new razor for me. I sit down on the shower chair and stick my left leg out for him to shave.

"Thank you so much." I smile at him.

"Of course," he smiles at me, "what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't help my pregnant girlfriend shave."

"Single," I say and we both laugh.

After Aaron is finished shaving my legs, I finish getting clean. When I am done, I get out of the shower and dry off and lotion my body up. While I am getting dressed, Aaron gets in the shower. I go to my closet and put on a flowy purple dress that reaches my knees. I pair the dress up with my black flats and I put my rainbow-colored hair in a sock bun.

"You look beautiful," I hear Aaron say just as I am finished with my hair.

"Aww, thanks babe," I give him a kiss.

"What time are we heading out?" Aaron walks to our walk-in closet.

"Right after you get dressed," I look at the time on my phone. "This is your first time meeting Brittany and I don't want to have her waiting too long."

"Ok," he responds.

~Ring Ring~

The sound of my phone ringing catches my attention. I look at the caller ID and see that it is Brittany who is calling me.

"Hello," I answer.

"Hey, girl," Brittany answers, but something seems off about her voice.

"Are you ok?" I ask concerned.

"I'm... good," she takes a pause.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, just trying to find a parking space."

"Oh, ok, well we should be there in about ten minutes."

"Ok, I'll be sitting in the food court."

"Ok, see you soon. Love you.

Love you too," she responds.

As soon as we hang up the phone, Aaron is ready. He grabs the car keys to our Nissan Altima and helps me into the car before getting in the driver's seat. We begin the short drive to the local mall with the radio filling the silence. We reach the mall and Aaron comes to my side and helps me out.

Thanks, honey." I say.

"My pleasure," he places a hand on my back, "Did Brittany say where she was going to be at?"

"She said she'll be at the food court."

"Ok."

We walk into the main entrance of the mall and then make our way towards the food court. Instantly, I smell Brittany's sent and soon I see her green-dyed hair from the back.

"Brittany," I call out.

"Honesty," she turns around.

We reach her table and she pulls me into a tight hug. I hug her back with the same fierceness.

"I've missed you," I say as we continue to hug.

"Me too," she pulls back, breaking the hug, "And you must be the famous Aaron."

"I don't know about famous, but yeah. It's nice to finally meet you," he sticks his hand out for a handshake.

"Oh, nonsense, I'm a hugger," Brittany says as she pulls him into a hug.

After the greetings are exchanged, we sit down. Before I can even touch my seat, Aaron is already pulling it out for me. As I sit down, I notice a distance look in Brittany's eyes.

"Hey, is everything ok?" I reach across the table and place my hand on top of hers.

"No," she begins to tear up.

"What's wrong Brittany?" I say full of concern.

"I am so sorry," more tears begin to fall from her eye.

"Sorry for what?" I ask confused.

I look over to Aaron who looks just as confused as me. Instead of answering, she continues to cry. I scoot my chair closer to hers and wrap my arms around her.

"I'll go get some napkins," Aaron stands up from his chair.

Brittany, what are you sorry for?" I aks her again.

"I tried, I really did, but I couldn't stop him." she looks at me with tear-stained cheeks.

"What are you talking about?"

"I wanted to tell you, but he ordered me not to."

"What? You're not making any sense."

"Echo," she says the one person's name that I never want to see again.

"What about Echo?"

"He found out that I was coming to meet you and he forced me to tell him where. And I was going to tell you about what he did but-"

"He used his alpha tone with you."

"And then I was just going to cancel, but he used his alpha tone and forced me to come."

"But, wait, if he told you not to tell me, how are you telling me now?"

"I mind linked her and told her to tell you," a voice says from behind me.

I turn around and my eyes land on the person who broke my heart, Echo Wilson.

"Nice seeing you again, mate."