Chapter 3 - The first gift

"I know he wasn’t perfect…
But he did the best impression of it I’ve ever seen." - Renata Suzuki

Sakura woke up when she heard a crow at her window. She rubbed her sleepy eyes and looked the clock. It was 7 am. She got up from the bed and walked lazily towards her window, opening it. The crow had a small scroll attached to it's leg and she wondered who sent her this.

The pinkette took the small scroll.

She hesitantly opened it and her eyes scanned the black ink. It was the same beautiful handwritting that she saw when she got her pendant back.

"Dear Sakura,

You may not know me, but I know you. Do not fear. I do not intend to harm you.

I gave you back your necklace after a battle in my brain - if I should or I shouldn't give it back. I am not from your village and I had to sneak past the guards because I knew how much your pendant meant to you.

I saw you sleeping and your wrists cut. I don't know what is the reason for that but self harm is never the solution, no matter how hard the mental torture is. I would know this. The key is training. Train to become stronger and indispensable. You don't have to take my words, after all you don't know me. It's just an advice.

Also, never again sleep with your door open. We live in a dangerous world and many would like to take advantage of you, many who are much stronger.

Whatever you're going through, I hope you will find a solution and the key to happiness that we all deserve.

I hoped to clarify some things.

PS: I found a bracelet that would match your pendant.

x I."

She saw that in the small scroll was sealed something. She made some hand signs and in a puff of smoke appeared a silver bracelet with silver hearts and pink cherry blossoms on it.  She put it on her wrist. It fit perfectly. Who would have thought that a stranger could guess her wrist size? She blushed. It was the kindest thing that someone ever did to her, beside her parents and she felt like she owed him at least a letter as an answer.

She took a pen and started writting, the black crow standing on her desk patiently, watching her with it's red eyes.

At the Akatsuki hideout, Itachi had his eyes closed but he could see everything through his summoning. The way her beautiful eyes scanned the letters, the way her eyes lit up with joy, the way she smiled when the bracelet fit, even the small pink blush from her cheeks. He smiled.

She bent forward and started writting.

"Dear stranger,

I don't know you but I owe you everything for this. Yes, you have guessed, the pendant means a lot to me. It was a gift from my parents who passed away during an attack and I was too weak to defend them so perhaps I will take your advice to become stronger.

The bracelet is gorgeous. I really love it and it's the nicest thing that someone ever did to me, I will always treasure it.

PS: Really, I owe you something. Just say it.

x S."

She tied the small letter to the crow's leg and it disappeared in a puff. She grinned. It felt like she made a new friend.

After her little confession she felt a little more alive and decided to go out for some fresh air. She took a deep breath and smiled. The sun was shinning bright and it was the perfect day for a walk.

On her way to the gates, which was the longest path, she bumped into Ino.

"Guesd what Sai brought me for Valentine's Day" she clapped happily, jumping like a toddler.

"Tell me." Sakura said smiling.

"He brought me a new set of kunais and shurikens and draw me a portrait" she said smiling brightly.

"Wow, that's incredible, Ino. I'm so happy for you. But does that mean that you're over Sasuke?" she asked concerned. Ino's face turned serious.

"Yes. I am done running after someone who never wanted me. But you still have a chance. You guys had some chemistry."

Sakura shook her head.

"If he wants something to do with me. He will." she said a bit upset. She knew deep down that he won't.

"Um, but how about you? Did you receive something from your admirers on the Valentine's Day?" Ino asked with her smile returning to her lips.

"N-no!" Sakura said blushing.

"Yeaaahh? Then what is this?" she asked grabbing her wrist.

"Um-I..." Sakura tried to find an excuse but she found none. Ino saw already her blush anyway.

"Yes, I knew it!" she started jumping happily. "I have a feeling that after some time, none of us will care about Sasuke anymore." she said putting a hand around Sakura's shoulders.

"So who is it?"

"It's a secret admirer." she admitted, he cheeks turning a shade pinker.

"Wow, that's so romantic. I am jealous." Ino said folding her arms and Sakura started to giggle like she haven't in such a long time.