Chapter 16 - ANBU

"She taught me all about real sacrifice. That it should be done from love... That it should be done from necessity, not without exhausting all other options. That it should be done for people who need your strength because they don't have enough of their own." - Veronica Roth, Allegiant

Fortunately, they haven't found Sakura's IUD mainly because Kabuto focused on studying her womb. Sasuke was not pleased to find out that she wasn't pregnant yet. He was a busy man who had an entire village under his control. He can't afford to fool around. The pinkette exhaled and relaxed but she shivered sightly when she figured that he will rape her again. He wasn't the kind of man to give up on his plans. Only if he was strongly influenced by someone that he deeply cared about. But she wasn't one of those people anymore ever since he left the village.

He brought her back to the bedroom that they shared and pushed her on the bed by her back. She yelped. Her face hit the soft matress.

"I've wasted my time enough. Juugo will bring you lunch." he told her coldly. He was angry and didn't want to damage her more so he chose to keep the distance at least today.

He got out of the room and closed the door shut, locking it.

***

Itachi ran outside the village as fast as he could. He didn't like what he was about to do, but he had no other choice. He had to find her, her life may be in danger.

He caught up with an ANBU team. He watched them carefully, from a branch, masking his chakra.

"Any reports from the team 3?" one of them with a bear mask asked.

"No, sir."

Itachi activated his Mangekyou Sharingan, making his right eye bleed. He felt an agonizing pounding in his head and his vision blurred, making him almost completely blind. He didn't care though, he would do anything to save her. He covered with his hand his left eye.

"Amaterasu!"

He made a circle of black flames around the ANBU team. They were too high for them to jump over. They gasped, being terrified and looking around to find the enemy.

Itachi jumped in the middle of the flame circle, feeling the heat on his skin. Their foreheads were full of sweat after seeing the dangerous man standing before them. They knew that they had no chance.

Being a former ANBU, Itachi knew that he had to extract informations the hard way. He didn't like to torment his own village but her life was his priority.

He grabbed the first ANBU in front of him, by the neck and raised him into the air. The defensless man felt like choking and his hands wrapped instinctively around the criminal's wrist. The other two took their swords out, being ready to attack.

"Don't. Or I will throw him into the flames and I am the only one who can stop those flames from burning." he told them calmly. They took two steps back.

His Mangekyou Sharingan spinned wildly, throwing the unlucky shinobi into a genjutsu. He was pinned to something that looked like a wooden cross. In front of him was Itachi holding a long sword. The sky was red and his figure dark. This was the second time that he used this on an ANBU, the first was Kakashi.

"Where were you sent to look for Sakura Haruno?" the man's eyes widened in fear and surprise.

He stayed silent. Itachi stabbed him with the sword, making him scream and cry in pain.

"This could end now or last for the next 72 hours. Half of a second passed."

***

"That's it!" Naruto stood up angrily from his desk. "I'm not gonna stay here and do nothing. I have to help Sakura-chan!"

He grabbed some clothes and stuffed them into his beige backpack. He threw it over his shoulders and started sprinting towards a location that he suspected.

***

Sakura heard two knocks on the door, followed by the sound of the lock and a man with orange hair opening the door. He must be Juugo, she assumed.

He was holding a silver tray with some rice balls, sushi and a glass of orange juice. He took small and hesitant steps towards the bed where the beauty was sitting with her legs crossed. He set the tray in front of her.

"I thought you may like these. If not, I can go and tell them to prepare something else." he told her kindly. She was taken aback by his gentleness. How could someone so kind be friend with Sasuke, she wondered.

She smiled softly at him "Thank you!"

A man with white hair slammed the door open, making Sakura jump sightly. He was panting.

"Sasuke... Told me... To bring you these clothes." he tried to catch his breath.

"Suigetsu, why were you running?" the orange haired man asked.

"Are you kidding? Who would want to make the Uchiha angry?"

Sakura giggled. The white haired man moved his gaze towards the beautiful sound. He blushed.

"H-hello... I'm... I'm Suigetsu. You must be Sakura." he scratched the back of his head awkwardly. Juugo snorted.

He placed the clothes on the bed, near her. She analyzed the soft fabric, her fingertips tracing imaginary lines on them. She observed a beautiful long burgundy dress with long sleeves which had two long cuts in the front, revealing the legs. On it's back was the Haruno crest.

***

The tortured ANBU breathed heavily. Droplets of sweat formed on his forehead, falling on the ground. Over a thousad Itachis were stabbing him again and again, mercilessly.

"I'm... Gonna... Tell... You." he breathed, trying to control his voice. The Uchiha smirked at his victory.

"We were assigned to search Orochimaru's hideouts but suspiciously, they were all empty. Nobody to guard them. We don't have a route. Only searching any suspect places."

After he got the informations that he needed, Itachi dispelled the genjutsu, dropping the half lifeless body on the ground. He used the same right eye to stop the black flames.

The Uchiha started walking slowly and calmly, trying to adjust his eyesight. A great battle will come and perhaps only one of them will get out alive. If he would die, everything will be lost and she would continue being tortured but if he wins, it means that he really anihilated his entire clan. No matter how he looked at this, there was no perfect way. But in the end, it was worth it for her. He inhaled deeply.

"The Sound Village..."

____________________________

How I said above, will come a great battle so I may update slower the next chapter.