Chapter 5 - Impatience

"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day." - A. A. Milne

*One year later*
Sakura: 17 years
Itachi: 22 years.

She read the scroll again and again. She couldn't gather her courage to give it to the Hokage. What if Lady Tsunade was on Danzo's side? What if they will kill her before she gets to finish everything that she has to say? No, she had to get to Sasuke and show him first. He has the right to know. It's about his clan and his brother after all. She has to stop him to make something that he will regret later.

She put the scroll back in her bag. She wondered how Danzo reacted when his men couldn't find it? The one responsible was probably already dead. She gulped. It kinda was her fault.

Her fingertips touched the heart shaped pendant. She missed her parents dearly. She took off the bandages around her wrists. The deep cuts left some nasty marks on her flawless skin. She took other clean bandages and wrapped her wrists. If it would be only about her, she wouldn't even bother but Naruto or Sai could see them.

A crow flew inside her room. The same crow that visited her every year on Valentine's Day, filling her lonely days with joy. As always, it had attached a small scroll to it's leg.

She took it and started reading the beautiful handwritting. Just by the way he wrote she could tell that he is a perfectionist.

"Dear Sakura,

Yes, we can keep in touch but I wanted it to be special, so I'm sorry for replying after one year. As you probably noticed, I have a habit of sending you these gifts on this very special day. My reason? Very simple: I observed how the girls from your village got a boyfriend and they try to make special things for them in this very day, things such as cliche portraits."

Sakura giggled. He was talking about Ino and Sai.

"I also saw how you always avoided dates or getting a boyfriend. I won't ask your reason. Anyone can see. You're broken hearted over a foolish guy who couldn't appreciate your love and your beauty. Trust me, he is very foolish and one day he will realize how stupid he was.

So this is why I choose to send you a gift every year, to cheer you up and make you feel less lonely. I hope it works. I am not good with words, nor with emotions so I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong. Pardon me.

Also, I am not a creep who is stalking you but often I do watch over you to make sure you are alright. Don't ask me why but I feel responsible. I know how it is to have to one who worries about you and nobody should ever feel that emptiness. It's a cruel world and we have to help each other in order to make it better.

PS: Don't worry, I'm not watching you changing your clothes.

x I."

She saw the small seal underneath the writting and made the handsigns. In a poof appeared some pink personalized kunais and some Cherry Blossom flowers. She blushed. She really started to like this person even though she never saw him. But what does it matter? If someone asked her, she could swear that he had the most beautiful personality and from her knowledge, these kinds of people had a pretty face too because... You look the way you think. She really wishes to see this person one day and have a nice chat perhaps.

She took a pen and started writting her own thoughts.

"Dear stranger,

I feel like I should confess too since you did it so kindly. I am very grateful for everyting you do for me. Keep watching over me cause it feels good to know that someone is there for you. I am really sorry for what happened to you and I hope one day you will tell me what gave you so much pain, perhaps after we'll meet face to face.

I think you have the best personality from the way you write. I know I don't usually write much. It's because I'm not good with words either. Haha. You really sound genuine and I appreciate that, also I am always in debt because you saved my life. I didn't forget: Ask me anything, I have to repay you.

Well, don't consider me a creep for writting this either but... Is it possible to... I don't know... Fall in love with someone only by observing the way they write and express themselves? Asking for a friend. Oops.

PS: No really, what do I owe you? Say it.

x S."

She put the pen down and tied the small piece of paper to the red eyed crow's leg. It flew after some seconds. She inhaled the scent of the Cherry Blossoms, putting a hand on her heart.

"I do really want to meet you." she whispered to herself.

________________________________

Itachi in the series is killed by Sasuke when he is 21 and Sakura 16 but I changed a bit the time. It still follows the storyline until at a certain point.