Chapter 30 - Will you be mine?

One week has passed since the inevitable event. Tsunade expressed her anger out loud for not being a part of Danzo's death and for the fact that he hurt so bad her student that she considered like a daughter. She punched the table breaking it into tiny pieces in front of the new council, making the dust raise into the air while Itachi calmly explained how his nearly suicidal mission went.

The new council exhaled at the news. They had no longer to deal with the most dangerous man.

Tsunade even cracked a smile when she realized that it was over. All the tension that he put the village under was exhausting.

As about Sakura...

She was received into the hospital as soon as Itachi arrived, carrying her in his arms, half dead. Half of the hospital staff dropped the insignificant things they were assigned to and hurried into Sakura's room to help as much as they could. They nearly made Itachi fall in the hallway during their hurry.

Three of then were completely drained of chakra, passing out. One nurse approached Itachi afraid, asking him with a shaking voice if he wants to join her for a check up. As soon as his tired eyes met hers, she jumped sightly in fear. Well, the blood on his face didn't make a pretty image.

However, he refused any help even though even Tsunade tried to pressure him. Yes, she was worried.

Itachi was now the strongest ninja of the Leaf and the only one who could save her student from loneliness. It was a double win keeping him around.

After one entire week with no rest and only watching her sleep, holding her hand, she woke up with new forces.

As soon as those dark eyes bore into her emerald eyes, he felt his heart jumping from his chest. Fingers brushing against each other, sending a weird warmth into both of their bodies.

He watched how her eyes sparkled and how a smile spread across her face as soon as she took his hand in hers. Everything around him was blurry. At that moment, she was the only thing that he could see. The relief washed every cell of his body and he felt... Good. For the first time in years. No danger to occur and the person he loved holding his hand not being aware of what effect she has on him.

They didn't talk about their feelings, though.

"Itachi, where are you taking me?" she let herself being dragged by her wrist through the forest. She was blindfolded so she had to use her other senses. She could smell the wet grass and she could hear the birds singing around, that's how she knew that they were outside Konoha.

Her feet tapped carefully on the mud, trying to keep her balance and not fall.

A giggle ran through her eardrums.

"Be patient. You will see." Itachi laughed softly.

He seemed so happy today. So unlike the deadly Uchiha attitude. The pinkette pouted like a toddler.

"But my legs hurt!" she complained, throwing her head back.

"Do you want me to carry you like a princess?"

Sakura's cheeks turned a crimson shade at his words. How embarassing.

"We are here!"

With slow steps, he was in front of her, their chests almost touching. Sakura could feel the heat from his body giving her a feeling of safety. Her slim fingers wrapped around the white piece of cloth that was blocking the view. She was afraid to take it off and being trapped in the depth of those black eyes.

The pinkette exhaled.

She pulled up the blindfold and narrowed her eyes to adjust to the new change. Her eyes were at the same level at his chest and they slowly traveled up to his collarbones, neck, and finally face. He wore a black tank top making his muscles stand out. She sucked in a breath. It was like a God was standing in front of her.