Chapter 22 - Emptiness

"This is joy's bonfire, then, where love's strong arts
Make of so noble individual parts
One fire of four inflaming eyes, and of two loving hearts." - John Donne, Complete Poems

Itachi led Sakura to a guest room right next to his. Her body trembled from the cold temperature and especially from the frozen clothes that were glued to her body. She wrapped her arms around herself, trying to stop her trembling. Her wet strands of hair were glued to her face. Itachi tried to switch on the light but it looked like the electricity was out.

"Great." he mumbled. The only source of light were the lightings from outside. The wind sounded like it was about to rip the trees from their roots. Sakura hated storms like this. It reminded her of the lonely nighs when all she could do was cry for her parents and hug her pillow.

"I will bring you some dry clothes." Itachi said and disappeared out of the door. She analyzed the room. There was a King sized bed, two night stands, a wardrobe and a mirror. She approached the window and looked outside at the storm and how the rain hit violently the glass. The water was falling on the windows like a waterfall.

Itachi cleared his throat. She turned around and saw that he was holding two pieces of clothing. He gave them to her.

"There should be a towel in one of the drawers too if you need to dry your hair."

She just nodded, not saying a word.

"I will be in the next room if you need anything." he exited her room and closed the door behind.

Sakura sighed. She started to take off her wet clothes, slowly, and observed that even her lingerie was wet.

"Fuck it."

She unclasped her bra and threw it somewhere on the floor. She will find it tomorrow, she was too drunk to be careful. The next were her panties, which she threw on the floor as well. The pinkette got dressed in the black, loose shirt that Itachi brought her. It reached the middle of her tigh. She inhaled his masculine scent, feeling him on her body. The bubble gum haired girl decided to not wear pants. They were probably too large for her small hips anyway.

Itachi laid on his bed, facing the ceiling with one hand behind his head. He was shirtless and the wet, untied hair was glued to his neck. He sighed.

He got out of his bed and decided to go to the bathroom to was his face with some cold water. His soft steps echoed through the empty and dark hallway. His feet stopped when he reached Sakura's door. Involuntary, his hand rested on the cold, metal handle. His brain couldn't process why he was doing that but he just stood there, looking at the door like a psycho. He shook his head and continued to walk to the bathroom.

*

Sakura switched positions countless times already and she couldn't fall asleep. She was frustrated beyond limits. Not to mention the coldness. Her skin got goosebumps.

"That's it!" she threw her blanket aside, sitting on her bum. Her hair was massier than ever but she didn't care. Outside, was still raining heavily.

Her feet touched the wooden floor and a shiver ran down her spine. Her feet carried her outside her room, into the hallway, and in front of Itachi's room.

She bit her lip. This courage wasn't healthy. She will blame it on the sake. She may regret this next morning, but fuck it, she doesn't want to freeze.

Her hand pushed the door slowly, and she stepped inside, closing the door after her. The lighting's light was reflected on the body that laid on the bed every now and then. It looked insanely beautiful.