Chapter 28 - Kage level

"Hime, do you think Sakura-sama is alright? She hasn't came for her shift in the past three days." one of the nurse mumbled to the other while the other was just arranging the stethoscope around her neck.

"I don't know. I think she may be tired. She performed her first surgery with Lady Tsunade's approval. I have yet to achieve that."

The other nurse sighed. "Yeah, but it's quite strange that she didn't call in. The director gave her shift to someone else but still..." she looked out the window at the dark sky "I have a bad feeling."

Hime just huffed. "Just think positive. I'm going to check on her patient. He had some complications with his eyes that she healead but he must be kept under supervision."

Yuri gasped. "The Uchiha?" she whispered harshly like it was forbidden to pronounce that name.

Hime rolled his eyes at her friend's dramatism. "Yes, Uchiha Itachi. Now quit talking about him like he's some sort of alien." she smiled, remembering something. "I heard from Shizune-sama that Sakura was worried sick about him and took extra care. There is a rumour around that she had a mental breakdown when she thought that he was dead."

"Does that mean..."

"Our Sakura is finally gonna get that rogue ninja and find her happiness. I am proud to be entrusted with his life." Hime declared proudly, placing a hand on her chest.

"I still don't trust him..." Yuri whispered, avoiding her gaze.

Hime raised a finger in the air like she was lecturing her fellow friend "But we must trust the Hokage. And Sakura has a good heart which can see the good in people." she arranged her white coat and tied her hair in a messy bun "Now I'm going. Make sure that everything is prepared for tomorrow when Gai's team returns from their mission. The check ups must be done in time."

"Yes!"

Hime exited the small office and headed for Itachi's room. A white light bulb was flickering creating a strange atmosphere. Most of the patients were already sleeping thank's to the powerful drugs that they injected an hour ago. Hime loved the calmness of night shifts. After she checked on the important patients, she always took the food that she brought from home and exited the building, eating it on one of the benches in front of thw hospital. It was refreshing. Understable for an introvert.

Lost in her thoughts, she hasn't even noticed when she arrived in front of his room. The young girl pushed the door open to be meet by darkness.

She turned the light on, illuminating the white room. He hasn't moved, she observed. From what she knew, he was a Kage level shinobi (it was frightening) and those kind of people healed pretty fast. Their vital power was incredible and it won't be much until he will wake. This is why he had to be checked often. The people who go through surgeries wake up confused and scared.

She went to the edge of his bed, checking the bandages around his eyes. Everything eas fine.

She picked up the clipboard, writing down the observations for today. Unconsciously, she turned her back to him.

She felt a cold breeze ruffling her hair but she remembered that the window was closed. Goosebumps formed on her skin and the hair on the back of her neck raised. Her body started to tremble sightly and she couldn't bring herself to turn around. She felt the presence, the threat.

A sharp kunai was placed at her neck by an unknown person.

"Don't move, or yell if you want to live." someone whispered in her ear.

Sweat formed on her face and she gulped loudly.

"He is still asleep." she heard a feminine voice.