Chapter 18 - Finding the truth

Firstly, before I start... The last chapter got only 9 reads... So you didn't receive the notification or you got tired of the story? Anyway, if you start reading this, you may want to check if you skipped over the previous chapter called "Rescue". Otherwise, this won't make sense.

"There is a kind of magicness about going far away and then coming back all changed." - Kate Douglas Wiggin

Sakura woke really early in the morning. Even though she was tired, she couldn't sleep anymore. The trauma of what she has been through was huge. She couldn't pinpoint why she healed Sasuke, why she just didn't let him die or let Itachi kill him. Her feelings for him are out of the question. She feels nothing but disgust towards such a cold hearted man yet she wasn't ready to let go, not in that way.

The pinkette felt guilty for not thanking Itachi properly. He saved her even though he didn't have to. It was his choice to risk his life for someone so meaningless. She had to repay him somehow and she knew exactly how. But she couldn't stop wondering how things will go if she succeded. Will he come back?

She shook her head. Why would she care if someone who used her will come back? She isn't that foolish to fall into his trap again. She has an amazing boyfriend who broke the Hokage's orders to save her. She giggled. After they arrived, lady Tsunade was relieved to see her and hugged her tight for like 5 minutes but then, turned to Naruto with an angry expression and forbid him to go on missions for the next three months. He was frustrated.

The bubble gum haired girl got out of bed, her warm feet touching the cold floor. The morning wind blew her hair through the opened window. The nights were quite hot so she had to let her window ooened in order no to melt. Her fingertips touched the heart shaped pendant and smiled.

"I promise that I will get stronger and won't let myself get kidnapped again." she promised to her parents. She was sure that they were watching over her her.

She brushed her long pink locks, looking into the mirror while humming a random song. She felt oddly good today. No worries or tortures, it felt like a vacantion. She dressed into her beige skirt and a black crop top with thin straps since the sun was so powerful these days. The boots were the last thing before she grabbed the scroll in her tiny hands. She gulped. Lady Tsunade said that Danzo ran from the village awhile ago. Well, she didn't tell her, she just heard randomly as she walked past the office.

Her feet carried her outside and she used her hand to shelter her eyes from the merciless rays. People were probably home, trying to cool themselves cause the streets were almost empty. Only some busy people hurring to their work roamed around.

As she arrived in front of the office she knocked twice and soon enough, the Hokage's voice boomed through the door. Her face lit up with joy as she saw her only pupil standing before her.

"Ah, Sakura. What brings you here today? I thought you would relax."

The pinkette moved her gaze to the floor, not knowing how to start the conversation.

"Some years ago you ordered me to help Shizune with sorting the scrolls."
Tsunade watched her patiently, waiting for her to get to the subject.

"Well, she told me to take care of the ANBU scrolls but I found there a certain scroll, I heard that it got lost. It was from the Root." Tsunade's eyes widened in panick at her words. Root? How would such a top secret scroll get lost? Danzo wasn't the kind of man to be reckless and neither were any root member.

Sakura lifted the scroll and put it on her desk, the black colour and the sigil confirming that the girl was right. Her gaze moved again to the pinkette.

"Did you read it?" she asked frowning, being lost in her thought. Why would she bring this here, to her? Instead of putting it back.

Sakura nodded hesitantly. Tsunade got on her feet at such an intense speed that made the chair fall back. Her palms slammed into the desk, making Sakura jump back in fear.

"Do you know that you could have been killed for this?" she shouted.

"Please just... Read it." she avoided the angry Hokage's gaze. Tsunade exhaled and massaged her temples. She picked up the scroll and read it thoroughly. Her eyes widened in shock as the new information was printed in her mind. Her lower lip started to tremble.

"This can't be..." she whispered. She gripped the scroll tighter, gritting her teeth. "That bastard!"

Sakura watched how she tossed the scroll across the room.

"How could he do something like this? That son of a bitch is the only criminal who should be targeted by Konoha. I trusted him and kept him by my side as an advisor and all this time... How did the Third agree?" she cletched her fists in anger.

"I don't think that he knew but possibly the Council knew. You should ask them." Sakura's soft voice sounded like a melody.

"Fuck that! The ANBUs will arrest them immediately. I'm not playing the nice foolish Hokage anymore!"

*

"Hm, interesting." an ANBU giggled behind the closed door of the Hokage's office right after he disappeared down the corridor.

*

"SHIZUNE!" The Hokage's voice boomed in the entire building. Her brunette assistant hurried into the room, holding Ton Ton.

"Yes, Hokage-sama?" she asked a bit afraid.

"Send two ANBU teams to arrest all the council's members right now! It's an order!" her authoritarian voice commanded.

"Y-yes!" the terrified woman stormed out of the room.

"What about... What about Itachi?" as soon as she asked the question, Sakura felt her chest clentching.

Tsunade sat back down on the chair, relaxing sightly.

"I will have to send him an official letter which will clean him from any reaponsibility and any crimes. He will also be allowed to come back to Konoha and I take the responsibility po pay for everything that he asks for." the Hokage finished explaining her plan and Sakura's eyes lit up. She saw this and couldn't help but wonder... Why did she risk so much for him? Even her life?