Chapter 6 - Excitement

"Don't you long for something different to happen, something so exciting and new it carries you along with it like a great tide, something that lets your life blaze and burn so the whole world can see it?" - Julliet Marillier

*One year later*

She walked around her room impetiently. Today was the day when she had to receive the annual letter from her secret lover. She murmured indescifrable things and had a frown on her face.

A black crow flew in front of her and landed on her desk, watching her intensly with it's red eyes. She gasped. It was here, she couldn't believe. Her eyes softened.

"Finally!" she whispered.

She took the small scroll that was attached to it's leg and started reading, curiosity taking over her.

"Dear Sakura,

Um, I don't know anything about falling in love, sorry I can't help "your friend" but she will know it soon. Sooner than she thinks.

I thought one year about what you could give me for saving your life and I came up with the best idea that may shoot two things at once.

I do really want to meet you again but this time, without you being asleep. I'd like to hear your voice for the first time so I thought about a meeting, if you'll make me the honor. I wrote the adress to an inn down below but firstly, I have ro tell you that this is kind of an exclusive inn. You will need a special ring to show them in order to let you in. I found this thing very interesting I said that it would be fit for someone like you. Only the best of the best.

Knowing that it's been some years since we write to each other, I decided that today would be a perfect day for some chatting and a meeting.

PS: I do not intend to harm you. If I wanted to, I would have done it already. Do not fear me.

X I."

I smiled brightly reading the letter over and over again making sure that it's not a dream. My heart started drumming in my chest. I will finally get to see him. The crow flew away before I could write back but I guess I could tell him face to face my thoughts. I was overly excited. It's been a long time since I was so happy to do something other than self harming or crying myself to sleep. It was an improvement if you thought about it.

I made some hand signs, placing my hand on the seal. In a puff, on my desk appeared a small golden simple ring. I took it carefully in my hand. Inside, it had the initials I.U. whatever it meant. Could it be the name of the inn? Possibly. What else? I put it on my finger, studying it carefully in the sunlight.

I took the small scroll and started reading the adress. Yes, I knew exactly where it was. It was some hours away from the village. At least, he didn't pick something too far.

I rubbed my chin. Hm, what should I wear? I opened my wardrobe and I started searching for the perfect outfit. The first impression matters. As I threw random clothes on the bed, I noticed a tight red dress. It was quite short and had two thin straps. I blushed. It always made my ass and hips look amazing even though I never wore it. I just brought it because I liked it.

I undressed from my ninja clothes and took my dress. It was so hard to dress in this stupid thing. When I was finished, I looked at myself in the mirror, gasping. Damn, where was Sakura, because she surely wasn't in front of me?!

I took a brush and started arranging my messy long hair. I decided to tie it in a loose ponytail since it made my proeminent cheekbones look amazing. I opted for a fresh face with no make up. The make up just made my eyes lose their brightness.