My new old self

After Anubis and Osiris had talked I felt sleepy... like I could fall into coma within the next few seconds. My body refused his work and seconds later I met with the ground. I saw the shadow of Anubis bending over me and I heard his voice talking something, before I lost my consciousness.

When I woke up I lay in a big luxurious bed. My eyes felt somewhat strange and I had a bad headache so I couldnt open them at half. When I retried to open my eyes compleatly, my headache went worse and the world around me began to rotate. "Hey Bastet, lie still.", I heard a deep voice from behind me. "Your body finally changed, you have to recover." "Anubis, is it you?", I asked just to be sure. "Yes, but hush... stay calm. You need to go easy on your strength, your body would thank you.", he said. "What do you mean by that?" I became a little nervous. "Bastet, you reincarnated. First your soul, then your body and in time your memories will come back. Don't worry if you don't remember yet. Everything will be alright time by time.", his voice sounded soft but his words echoed in my head. "Do you mean... I'm not...?", I touched my body and felt... a soft sensation of fur. I let my hand wander around my body. I touched my belly... fur. I touched my face... even there was fur everywhere! I further investigated my face. Funnily my nose also changed, it felt like there were a few long hairs coming out of my skin beside it. "Anubis, who did you say I am?", I asked carefully. "You are Bastet the Egyptian cat goddess and daughter of Re. Also...", he stopped right in the middle of his sentence and looked away. I was too shocked to care about his changed behaviour. But then something rather important came to my mind. "...I have to tell you something. I don't know anything about the things you told me or..." I tried to sit up"...Neither I know anything about Bastet... I know you think that I am her, but I'm not. Well I think so. After I woke up in that giant cat body, I'm not quiet sure anymore.", I said clearly, grinding my teeth in pain.

"First of all, drink this." He gave me a little cup containing white fluid. I drank it and felt better immediately. "I knew it would help you." Anubis said. "What was it?", I asked curiously. "Milk", he said smiling. Oh well, it looks like I'm not only a cat from the outside appearance. "So as you already know, I'm Anubis. The god of the mummification, funeral and the afterlife. I have known you for a long, long period of time. And don't worry, like I said, your memories of your last life will come back. Just give yourself a chance.", his voice sounded soothing. "Now you should give yourself some time and take a nap." I hadn't noticed the windows in my room, which showed a dark sky. I must have slept the whole day or it was still night from the day I arrived. However I felt really sleepy again. Before I fell asleep, I heard Anubis standing up and coming closer to me. His face came so close to mine that I could hear his breathing but I kept my eyes closed, pretending I already had fallen asleep...

"You are so beautiful when you sleep... you don't know how much I missed you. Good night Bastet." Anubis whispered in my ear and left the small bedroom.