Chapter 7

I never saw Aiden fight. I mean I saw him train but that is way different from actually fighting. When people say he was really good I didn't believe it, but now I do.

Watching Aiden in the arena was like watching a god and I would be lying if said I wasn't a little terrified.

Just a little though.

I knew he was going to be my competition from the start. I knew he was going to be the one to beat.

The bell to end the match rang and it caused me to snap out of my thoughts. I saw Aiden out his two fist in the air and scream of excitement. The guy he just knocked out was laying in the floor trying to get up but he couldn't.

Aiden walked off the arena while the medics went in the arena to help the guy Aiden just knocked out.

I knew from the beginning that this tournament was going to be tough so why am I feeling so scared all of a sudden.

After the mess was taken up everyone focused there eyes on the generator so it could spill out the next name.

Jason Vernan was the first name picked.

He huffed as they escorted him to the arena. As they were escorting him Aiden was walking towards us. I guess he wanted to watch the rest of the fights. He came over to my side and sat right next to me. I act like I didn't notice because it wasn't a big deal.

The next name that was called was Rachel carter.

She laughed as they pulled her away to the arena. I never saw her fight either so this was going to be Interesting.

Once Rachel was at the ring they shook hands and began.

Rachel didn't hesitate to strike first, she looked like she was on a mission. I could see the determination in her eyes, she was angry. Jason looked like he was letting her win. What was going on?

"They use to have a thing." Aiden whispered beside me

"What?" I said but didn't look at him

"Jason and Rachel use to have a thing. I know you wondering why she is more angry than she normally is." He said with a hint of amusement in his voice

That's why he wasn't trying.

He was loosing for her.

"How do you know about this?" I asked him this time looking at him

I saw that he had a bruise forming on his face and that he had a cut on his eyebrow.

That's probably nothing compare to what he gave his opponent.

"Jason and I are friends," He said blankly looking at the fight.

"Wow you weren't kidding when you said you had friends" I joked "I thought everyone hated you."

"Oh everyone does sweetheart, but me and Jason go way back. He's like a big brother to me." He looks looked at me but I turned back and looked at the fight

I saw tears slide down Rachel's face as Jason kept talking to her. Rachel kept trying to swing at him but I saw she was emotionally drained. Finally the last bell rang which meant the fight was over.

They raised Rachel's hand up and she stormed out of the ring.

"Tragic love can be." Aiden murmured

"How would you know?" I muttered

He scoffed, "how would you know?" He smirked.

I looked at him confused.