Chapter 9

Press day

A day I use to love watching as a kid

I always loved to see what the contestants were feeling and what there thoughts about this competition were.

Sometimes they would get really emotional and intense

It was my favorite part about these games and now I was the one that was going to be interviewed.

Press day always happened in the middle of the tournament, that's when you knew it was getting to an ended. Even though we still have a couple weeks left, those weeks could go by at a blink of an eye.

After the press interviews they always had a meet and greet. Who would want to meet me? I bet nobody so hopefully I won't get to stay long.

Watching them was one thing but actually being apart of them was another. I have no idea what I'm going to say or even what question they are going to ask me. They always try to get you and I knew I couldn't let my guard down.

I'm just afraid in what they are going to ask.

Jackson got me another dress to wear for the events, even though I told him I didn't want to he said "it was formal for me to do so" whatever that means.

Anyway it wasn't a really fancy dress it was just a long flowy dress that was a light blue and had big pink flowers on it, it had big straps hang around my shoulders and cut down all the way to my breast like a v shape. It was a very nice dress and it honestly more my style. My hair was just simply curled and I had very little amount of make up. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized how much this wasn't me.

I felt like a completely different person and it was strange.

I heard a knock on my door, I went over and open the door to find Jackson standing there. He was wearing and white button up shirt with black dress pants and the same color of my dress on his tie. He always has to match me.

"You look nice." He said smiling

"Thanks." I said "do you always have to match me?"

"No but I like too." He smirks and I roll my eyes

I was still mad at him but he was my aid so I had to get along with him.

We started walking to the press hall and I couldn't help to start feeling a little nervous.

"You'll do fine Victoria just remember you can't reveal where you've been for the last couple years. No one can know yet." He reassured me

I nodded my head "I know I'm suppose to say I was sent away to stay with relatives after my father passed." An ugly lie that was

"I know it's hard to lie but this is the way it has to be for now."

I scoffed "for now."

He didn't say anything and he didn't have to. I didn't want to hear anything from him anymore. At least nothing I wanted to hear anyway.

In a way I wish that everything wasn't in this one building, I wanted to go outside, I wanted to see alancia again. I missed it and I haven't been outside in ages. I wanted to see the world again. It's been quite to long.

We arrived to the press hall where everyone was already there. They told us we will be getting interviewed separately and it was going to be live.

Wow I can't wait.

I got stares from all over the room and I couldn't help to feel worried. I kept my head down and didn't make eye contact with anybody. None of the contestants liked me and I surely didn't want to get them to like me.