Chapter 12

There is something that my father said once that always stuck with me.

"Don't give people a reason to use your weakness."

I always thought he meant about fighting because well even the greatest fighters have weaknesses, but as I grew older I realized he also meant about life too.

People thrive to see others fall. To see others crumble while they succeed. This world is filled with money and power hungry people. That is something that will never change about our world. People who want power are the weakest people because they would do anything to get that power... like kill. They are cowards who take the easy way out.

My uncle waited for my father to show his weakness and he knew it was me. He thought I would be his ticket to get my father to easily give up the thrown, but my father was much stronger than that, so he killed him. Not just because he wanted power because he was afraid of my father and even with trying to get him to give up his reign, I think it was always my uncles plan to kill him because he knew he would never go away.

He should've killed me too. He should've let me in that cell to rote. If he thought my father my dangerous well I'm twice as dangerous. He thinks I forgiven him for what he's done well he has another thing fucking coming at him.

The sad thing is I use to look up to my uncle, I thought he was as great as a man as my father was, but I guess people can deceive.

I was letting my temporary freedom and these people in this competition get to me. I was loosing focus on the main reason why I am here. I'm just so happy to be out in the world again that I've been away from for so long. I don't want to leave and I have to stop getting distracted.

I have to win this tournament.

I have to beat Aiden.

Even if it kills me.

+++

My eyes were stinging by the big drops of my salty sweat making it impossible to see has I get right hooked in the face once again.

The crowds roaring finally came back to me as my head was spinning.

My vision was blurry as Trevor Maloney came in my sight.

It was the fucking knock out rounds I can't fucking loose.

I got and took my stance again as Trevor charged at me throwing a left punch which I easily grabbed and twisted causing him to scream. I kicked the back of his leg causing him to bend his legs.

"This is what you like? People kneeling to you princess?" Trevor spat out

"Not if it's forced" I hissed wrapping my legs around his neck putting him in a choke hold.

I was tired. I felt my body trembling. I felt so weak and I knew he could feel it too.

I felt his struggle as I tighten my hold around to get this fucking shit over with.

He wrapped his hand around my ankle and as soon as I knew it I heard a snap.

I screamed out in pain as Trevor got out of my hold climbing on top of me punching the shit out of me.

I was not about to loose to this fucking prick

He swung with his left again which was his weak hand and I managed to grab it and punch him straight in the nose causing him to back up.

I use that as my chance to escape, getting up, feeling the pain shoot up my foot. It felt like I broke it. I hope to god I didn't.

I heard Jackson voice, I guess he was near the gate telling them to call it, but I looked at him and just shook my head.