Chapter Thirteen

Anya's P.O.V.

"Dad?" Zayd muttered.

Wait! Did I hear correctly? Dad?
He is Zayd's dad?
God! I had never met him but the way he looked at me seemed that he knows who I am.
I looked at Zayd.
He looked shattered seeing his father like that.

I guess if my dad was here, I wouldn't have wanted him to see us like this too.
The good thing was, when I held Zayd's elbow, he didn't tell me to let go instead he stayed there until Aisha came with my Saree in her hand.

They both went out while i changed.
I thought Zayd knew that I don't know how to wear a Saree.
But I guess since we are fake dating then it's not a must for him to remember that.

Fake dating! I don't know why but everytime I say that word, it hurts.

Dejectedly, i removed my shirt...oops Zayd's shirt and wore my Saree blouse, and then wore it's skirt and tried to remember how Zayd made me wear it.

I tucked the first round without pleats and adjusted the end by putting it on my shoulder.

Why was my mum not around right now?
She too must be worried for me yeah?
If she was, she too would have searched for me like the way Zayd's father did.
If my father was around, would he have searched for me like that?

A tear escaped my eye, and I rubbed it off quickly before I cry more.
I tried to do the pleats but they couldn't come equally, not caring more to make it perfect the way Zayd does, i started looking for pins to hold the pleats but they were not seen anywhere.

Then i remembered that when I left the Saree for drying after washing with water, i left it beside the Saree and since the villagers didn't know what the pins are, they must have taken for experimenting.

I sighed and wondered what to do of pleats without pins.
Should i call Zayd in?
No! Then what will his dad think?

I was just holding pleats when suddenly the door of the Hut opened and out of fear I left the pleats and all the Saree fabric fell off.

I shrieked," hey!"
The person who opened the door muttered," sorry."

"Zayd! It's you. I thought..." i saw he wasn't looking at me, instead his back was now facing me.
I chuckled and said," its k, am wearing enough clothes to cover myself."

He turned around and said," sorry I should have knocked."
"Oh since its you, I don't mind." I said.

"But you should mind," He spoke.
"Huh?"
" Yeah cause I wouldn't want to see something that you have reserved for your husband to see."

"But we are married," i joked.
He came closer to me and said," shhh! Will you lower it down? I don't want anyone to know that other than us."

I nodded.
He then continued," it should remain a secret between us, plus I don't believe in a marriage like this."

I nodded again and spoke, "well..."
But he interrupted and said," well i..i came to take my shirt and since you were taking long."
I nodded and handed him his shirt.

And here I thought he came because he remembered that I can't wear saree.
He was holding his shirt turned back to go to the door, he stopped midway and asked," by the way, you need help?"

I denied shaking my head, cause I didn't want to force him into anything plus i have learnt wearing a Saree so i guess it won't be a problem to try wearing it yeah?