Chapter Fifty Seven

Zayd's P.O.V.

It was finally the time for Anya to arrive at the venue.
I looked at myself one last time before going to the hall..
Full silver shervani to probably match Anya's lehenga.
It was embroided with silver flakes in all its places. No space at all.
With white trouser and white turban which was studded in the middle with some diamonds and a feather.

I must say mum must have gone all the places just to get the perfect shervani for me.
I wore the mojri(shoes worn with shervani) just as Arjun entered my room.
We had decorated the room but I had decided to spend the nuptial night in the tree house.
So that was decorated more better than my bedroom.

"You look... I don't know I can't say hot cause that will be gayish thing to say?" Arjun spoke and I laughed saying," just tell me one thing... Anya will like it?" I said pointing to myself.
"She'll love it." And we bro-hugged.

"Am just glad Anya didn't had any fantasy of fairytale wedding like my sis Aisha." I spoke looking at myself again.
Arjun sighed," don't remind me my attire...but still again I can do anything for my wife, my love, my life..." But I cut him in " please don't continue I don't want to know how you got her pregnant 😂."
And he laughed leading me out of the room towards the hall.

I greeted the elders present with handshake and salaams then sat beside the Maulana(Muslim priest) waiting for Anya to arrive.

I still wouldn't able to see her how she looks until after nikkah cause there was a translucent net fabric separating our seats.

After about 20 minutes, I heard drums and trumpets playing and by that I knew Anya had arrived.
I smiled hoping the time to fly fast and see her in bridal attire.
I will tell her the meaning of coeur tonight as well.
I know she wants to hear it from me rather than searching in Google.

These last minutes seems like decades.
I saw her silhouette sitting on the sofa opposite me, which was covered with the net fabric for me not to see her clearly.
Like right now? I just want to tear the fabric between us apart.
But patience just like Anya had said.

I didn't know love will make me like this.
Honestly love is the best feeling in the whole world when it happens with the right person.

Anya's P.O.V.

I was already inside the hall now
Zayd's sitting room was transformed into such a beautiful place.
All decorated with my fave flowers must have been Zayd's doing.
Other than Arjun only Zayd knew my likes and dislikes.
The ceiling had falling purple hydrogenous bunches with red roses petals on the floor to form an aisle to walk on.
Everything just looked surreal.
In the background was my favorite. Song on the play.
Its lyrics were just pretty.

The one that reached my destination,
Is there a road of your name?
The one that makes my heart a heart
Is it the heart beat of your name?

After wearing a pretty wedding gown,
I have come to you leaving my maternal place.
Only for you my love I will bring
The sixteen season of rainfall.
Hold it with love cause the thread is fragile
As this is the first date of the seven lives together.

I am at one end of the thread(thread of love)while you are at the other.
The only thing tangling between this thread will be our restlessness.

(Ok this song sounds way more better in it's Hindi version so I will put the link below so you can listen and enjoy.. my translated version I believe doesn't convey the feelings well as the song is..)

I smiled at all the guest.
Ammi came to remove the evil eye with some green chillies and hugged me, tears held up in her eyes.
Am just happy to see her happy.
I know she likes me because Zayd loves me.
And for every mother her child is more important than her own happiness.

I sat on the sofa set for me opposite Zayd's .
Seeing him was not possible although I didn't mind the wait cause it will be all worth it.
Finally the day i will officially be Mrs.Anya Zayd Shaikh.
I smiled at the thought of that, the name was perfect.
I looked at Aisha and thought of how I will feel when am pregnant with mine and Zayd's first child.
Will I glow just like Aisha was glowing right now?
I looked at Ammi who was all excited for the wedding.
I looked at my mum.
She might have hidden with me all the important things in life but no matter what I will always love her.
For all she did for me, she was friend first then a mother.
She supported me in every choice of mine.
I smiled at her, she smiled back her eyes a little teary.
And then I saw Manav.
The person I don't even know yet here I am, invited the stranger to my wedding.
What could possibly be in that bag?
He looked at me, asking me through the face expression as to when he will get his stuff.
I motioned him to wait as the maulvi(priest) started reciting some verse.

Finally my nikkah has started.