Chapter Twenty Four.

Thanks Ninaku99 for the lovely cover

Thanks Ninaku99 for the lovely cover...😘😘😘

Zayd's P.O.V.

What's wrong with me?
Why do I keep going to Anya?

Even after what my dad told?
I know that Anya and i are not meant to be but still I go to her.
I can be giving her false hopes.
And i don't want to break her heart.
I don't want her to get attach to me.

The most awkward situation I ever got right now.
Anya's mum seeing us kissing that too lip to lip.
Damn!

"what's going on?"She asked.
I looked at Anya and she looked at me at the same time.
She then bit her lip and said,"Umm... mum..we..were-"
Before she could finish the sentence her mum spoke,"dont tell me, all those nights Zayd spending with you was all this going on."

All those nights?

"No..trust us, we didn't do anything all those other nights," i defended myself.
"You knew, Zayd was here all those nights?" Anya asked.

Her mum smiled and said," i always hear stones being thrown, I mean come on, what are doors made for?"

A faint smile appeared on my face.
"So I ask again, what were you doing right now?" Aunt spoke.

I gulped my saliva in nervousness.
"I thought you guys were fake-dating, then why making the walls and windows jealous by kissing in a closed room instead of making Arjun see."

This is exactly what I said to Anya the other day in village or jungle whatever its called.
I felt bad cause I had said that to Anya and now here I am kissing her as if I own her.
How could I forget that she still loves Arjun.

I nodded and said," yeah you are right....we are to make Arjun jealous."

"Well then i must say you guys did a great job...he came to you before you left yeah? I can see he threw some punch here and there."

"Arjun bet you?"Anya asked.

No! She shouldn't be worried about me.
She is not suppose to care for me.
Otherwise, she will fall for me while I know that in the end all she'll get is a heart break.

I rolled my eyes and answered, " when was he ever good with me?"
She looked confused.
"Are you worried because Arjun bet me?" I then continued,"you should be excited to know that Arjun has started developing feelings for you that are more than you being his best friend."

But it looked like she didn't care.
Instead of getting excited she told her mum to excuse us.
Her mum allowed.
Strange!
After what she saw us doing, she allowed us to be alone?

I sat on Anya's bed at the edge and she did the same by sitting on the other edge of her bed.

"What are we?" She asked.
I kept my elbow on my leg and leaned towards holding my chin with my palms.
"I dont know. What do you want us to be?" I asked.
"What do you want me to want us to be?" She asked.
She is speaking in riddles.
Means...
Oh No!

I sighed and moved towards her, I then made her face me holding her chin I spoke,"let's remain enemies, let's forget that we ever fake-dated, that we ever kissed."

She removed my hand from her's, holding her tears back she spoke,"Why? Why should I forget this kiss?"

"Because it was nothing, it didn't mean anything to me, neither should it mean anything to you afterall you love Arjun," what am I saying?
All those words hurt me more than or would hurt Anya.

She nodded," i love Arjun? Yah right."
She then stood up and opened the door saying,"good night then."
I stood up went towards her and said,"Coeur, it's best for both of us."

But she didn't react, instead she looked everywhere but me.
I stood infront of her, tucked her hair behind her ears and kissed her forehead, my lips lingering on her forehead for a little longer.

She took a deep breath, bit her bottom lip and then spoke,"good night, good night Zayd."

And then i left.
If i had stayed there for a second more.
I might have revealed my feelings.
I might have revealed saying I love her.
I love her very much.