Chapter Fifty One.

Zayd's P.O.V.

I am glad her memory is back.
Now the one only thing I need to do is make my father accept Anya whole heartedly.

I am not in a hurry to consummate my marriage but I know that Anya is feeling guilty to be married to me without my parents consent.

Ok I won't lie..😂
I do want my father to accept Anya so I could continue my relationship further with her but I most importantly I want everyone to be happy first.
Cause am with Anya for her soul not her body.
I love her inside out.

We were now back from the village to my blue boring room.
Not something Anya would prefer.
I was just lying on my bed.
Anya had gone to the kitchen to help mum.

That was her first step to be loved by my parents.
She wanted to prove them that my choice is perfect daughter-in-law.
Even though she doesn't know cooking...
Oh shit! She doesn't know cooking! How would she help my mum?
She can burn water too

I got up from my bed hurriedly heading towards the kitchen.

🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Anya's P.O.V.

I had decided that to be accepted by Zayd's parents who are now my parents too.
I first need to impress them by doing something a perfect daughter-in-law would do.

And I had to start it off with mum.
I know I don't know cooking at all but I had no other option than starting with the kitchen.
I entered the kitchen, with my head covered with the scarf just the way Zayd's mum always did.

It was after hundred tries that it came out almost perfect. YouTube helped a lot though.

Upon entering the kitchen I greeted her "Assalam Aleikum Ami"(Islamic way of greeting)
She looked at me and just gave me a half hearted smile.

Her not answering to my salaam broke my heart a lil but I gave her a genuine smile and asked," Ami?umm... Do you need any help?"

She was cleaning broccoli and said." No need. I can do on my own... just the way I always did before you entered in our life as Zayd's wife."

A tear cascaded down my cheek as I hurriedly wiped it and said," but I have come to help you as your daughter just the way Aisha always did."
She looked at me as I smiled.
Just not letting her know how much her words hurted me.

She sighed and gave me onions to peel and cut them into finely cut small squares.
I had no idea how to do it.

Holding the onions with the knife, as Ami continued with her broccoli.
I headed towards the chopping board and tried to cut.
But Everytime I placed the knife on the onion, the onion slipped.
I cursed mentally and kept on trying.

After about few minutes Ami came towards my counter to check up on me.
Unfortunately, I had not even peeled a single onion.
Ami shook her head dejectedly and asked," you shouldn't have come at first place if you didn't wanted to help me."

I held her hand and said," No Ami it's not like that. Actually I do want to help you but..but I don't know cooking."
Ami was shocked and she asked," what? Being a girl you don't know cooking? What a shame!"

I know I shouldn't tell anything but that's her thinking that every girl should know cooking.
"Am sorry Ami, I didn't mean to waste your time. Will you teach me cooking?"

Ami shook her head denying, taking the onions from my hands and said," I won't waste my time teaching you cooking while you don't even know how to cut onions. Just go to your room."

I dejectedly went towards my room.
Plan on making Ami happy failed..infact it backfired.
I didn't find Zayd in the room, so I just lay on the bed hugging myself as tears trickled down.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Zayd's P.O.V.

On my way to the kitchen with the hopes of helping Anya.
My dad stopped me mid-way.
"Zayd!"
I turned towards him and followed him till the sitting area.
"Assalam Aleikum Abu," I greeted.
"Waleikum salaam Zayd" he greeted back.
"Dad! You wanted to talk?"
" Yeah! First have a seat."
I looked at the kitchen way and sat down on the sofa opposite dad after a sigh.
" I know she is in the kitchen."
"Sorry?"
"Your wife Anya, I know she is in the kitchen."

"She is not only my wife, she also your daughter-in-law."
I didn't like when my dad addressed her as my wife.
I really want him to accept her in our family as our own.
I didn't marry her to be hated by my parents.
" Yes of course. She is the daughter-in-law we didn't want."
"Dad please! If it's this what you want to talk about then am sorry I don't have time." And stood up to head towards the kitchen.

My dad didn't say after that and I left too.

"Am sorry Ami, I didn't mean to waste your time. Will you teach me cooking?" I heard Anya apologising.
I stood at a hearing distance so they won't see me.

Ami shook her head denying, taking the onions from her hands and said," I won't waste my time teaching you cooking while you don't even know how to cut onions. Just go to your room."

She left the kitchen and headed towards our room.
I entered the kitchen after Anya had left.
"Ami" I hugged her from behind smiling and asked if she needed help.
She denied and said," thank you beta! I thought your wife would help me but found out she knows nothing."

"She is not only my wife mum.. how many times will I have to make you and Dad understand? She is now the daughter of this house." I said a little frustrated that they are not accepting Anya only because of her religion.

"Why don't you give her a chance? I know she knows nothing but just the way you always taught me and Aisha when we were small.. the same way teach her too mum. Please? I love both of you equally and I don't want to make any of you unhappy." After saying that I left heading towards my room.