Seven

Hermione - 5th of April, 22:30

Draco has his arm tightly wrapped around my shoulder, looking with worry in his beautiful silver eyes at me. "Should I fear for anyone's safety?"

"No.. wait, why do you ask that?" "Well, the last time I saw so much worry in your eyes was when Potter and Weaslette were fighting over which Quidditch team was better during the Quidditch World Cup. If I remember right, Scarhead ended with a broken nose."

I giggle to myself, remembering their useless bickering until I screamed out when it suddenly escalated. That evening at the dinner table I told Draco about what happened and apparently I had as much worry lacing my eyes as back then.

"It's not that. It's.. something else." "What is wrong then? You know I hate seeing you so worried... were your family members bullying you?" "They always do Draco, but that is not the point," I reply, quickly placing a calming hand on our joined hands in my lap to ensure he was not secretly reaching to his wand.

I knew him better than anyone: if he heard about my family doing anything hateful against me, he would go there and hex them with some curse that will land him in Azkaban. Protective is an understatement if you are to Draco's heart: the most sheltered place in the whole world, both Muggle and Wizarding.

"You know you can tell me anything," he murmurs softly, playing with a few strands of my hair with his free hand. "Draco, I know I can, but this isn't something you just.. do." "What is is then?" I take a deep breath and stare him into the eyes.

"I am pregnant."

His hand stop its sensual and comforting attack on my hair and his eyes widen. "You.. you are.. you are preg.. preg," he stutters, unable to finish his sentence properly. Or even start it properly, to be honest.

I silently hand him the pregnancy test. He frees his hands from my body and holds the test with both hands, staring intensely at the little screen with the two pink stripes that sealed our future.

His eyes return to mine and he did something that was unexpected, seeing how he reacted at first. He smiled broadly.

"This.. this is amazing news! I.. I am becoming father?" "Whose child should it be otherwise then," I giggle. He chuckles and kisses my cheeks. His hands drop the test and he cups my face gently. His plump lips attack mine, entangling in a synchronized dance.

"I am so happy Hermione.. I can assure you this is the best day of my short life." "And our wedding then," I ask, pretending to be hurt. He notices my poorly acted sadness and attacks my lips once again.

"That as well. Nearly every memory with you stands on the list of my best days in my life. I love you so much." "I love you too, my ferret boy," I reply, giggling at my nickname for him since we started dating just a few months after the war.

He was broken to hear that he had to go to Azkaban for his crimes during the war. I tried to protect him, using my influence as part of the Golden Trio. Harry and Ron despised Draco and denied offering any help, but I didn't.

I stood before the Wizengamot during the last trial of Draco Malfoy and defended him. I told them what happened in Malfoy Manor: that Draco saw that Harry was there but didn't betray him to the Death Eaters, even under pressure of his family.

The Wizengamot listened to me and Draco was sentenced free from Azkaban, but had to stay supervised all the time. I offered to look out for him and help him finish last year of Hogwarts after it was rebuild and help him find a job.

In those years Draco never failed to show his gratitude for keeping him out of that rotten prison. He had turned to her with his pains and sorrows, like when Lucius just went very sick during his stay in Azkaban and his mother sunk into depression. Luckily Lucius survived, otherwise he would have been a lot further from home..

He did for her likewise: he was always there for her when she woke up, sweating and panting after another nightmare in which Bellatrix Lestrange tortured her.

Draco broke my trail of thoughts by kissing me again. I look over his shoulder at the clock and try to push him away, but he wouldn't budge. "Shouldn't-" kiss, "you-", kiss, "go back," kiss," to those," kiss," people of your," kiss," meeting?"

He breaks his little kisses and smirks. "No, I don't." He wanted to dive back into what he was doing when I give him a final push off me. "Seriously Draco, go back. I don't want to waste your time any longer than needed."

He sighs deeply. "You never waste my time, especially with this kind of news. Besides, I hate these kind of meetings. These guys are all about how my image looks like for outsiders. All they can talk about is how I should act, how I should react, how I should dress and what I should tell the paparazzi when they ask me about certain rumors."

Draco winks, hinting at what rumors were kind of famous around him right now: that he's married. I give him one last goodbye-kiss, grab my wand and stand up from the couch.

"Hermione, I know you don't like it, but I will come to the hotel tomorrow night." "Draco, I already told you-" "No, stop. Tomorrow night I will be with you, alright? Understood, Mrs Malfoy?"

"Ugh, you are so stubborn," I sigh, rolling my eyes with my arms crossed across my chest. "Says the person who is the most stubborn one of us two," Draco replies. I giggle and Apparate back into my suite.

I will spend tomorrow night with Draco, I think. I can't stop smiling while thinking about that.

-------

Truth to be told, next morning wasn't even so bad. If only mum could stop constantly whispering things to me about her experiences with pregnancies and how excited she was for me and Draco. During the day I learned to close myself off for the comments and keep myself standing with the thought that tonight I could take a day off with Draco being here.

For the ladies was a spa-day and for the men it was hitting the casino. My cousins showed up late, totally having a hangover. Of course they had one, they were partying all night and came back somewhere around 5 a.m, if what Seamus told me this morning is true. I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out that they used those partydrugs.

Ugh.. just this day Hermione.. just this day and then tonight you are with your hubby and everything will be fine..