Direct Order

As soon as the red lion appeared in the jaws of the black lion Allura ordered the remaining paladins to their stations. Keith's cat was shut down, burns stained the ruby red metal and it convulsed ever so slightly as broken electricity sparked. Beside Shiro's lion, the yellow lion had a few small dents and shared a few burns.

"We need to worm jump now." Shiro's voice ordered urgently despite knowing Coran was already in the process of opening a wormhole. The portal opened just as Zarkon' ship arrived and Allura was quick to enter followed closely by Shiro and Hunk. They didn't hear the raging yell or the broken body of the nearest soldier, their eyes and ears focused on the approaching lions. Pidge was out the bridge and sprinting towards the black lions bay as Shiro landed inside. The others were close behind and they made it just as Shiro gently lowered the red lion to the ground. Hunk arrived a few moments later huffing, removing his helmet as he closed in on them. The red lion didn't move for a few seconds, broken current making it spasm before its eyes lit up and it creaked onto it metal paws standing before the green paladin. It gently lowered its head slowly opening its mouth, tears pricking at Pidge's eyes as her brother appeared, a leaning post to a very weak and pained Keith.

"Keith!" Hunk shot forward taking the weight from Matt so the brunette could concentrate on his sister who was already running towards him. Pidge flung her arms around her brother, hearing his heart beat, the familiar hold of Matt's hugs the green paladin clutched at her brother.

"Matt I can't believe you're here." Pidge sobbed into the boy's dirty shirt. "I thought you were with the rebels."

"I was. I got recaptured." Matt smoothed his sister hair noting how extremely short it was. He broke apart from his sister and took in her appearance, from the boyish clothing to the heart warming smile to the glistening brown eyes. "Are those my glasses?"

"Yeah." Pidge removed them wiping her tears away before handing them back to him.

"Keith? Keith?!"

Pidge's attention was taken as Hunk shouted out the red paladin's name. The boy had blacked out again, his clothes tattered and ripped, his body not fairing any better. The advancement of his Galra DNA had enveloped most if his body crawling its way to his face.

Coran rushed over removing Keith from Hunk's arms and checked his pulse. "It's very weak. Let's get him to the healing pod."

  ***  

"Nara come on, let me in."

"Lotor what do you want?" Nara panicked a little, blocking the door hiding what could destroy everything she worked towards.

"I just want to talk to you sister." Lotor pouted trying to push past her. "I'm leaving soon."

"I'm a bit busy right now. Can this wait till dinner?"

"Ah fine." Lotor sighed scraping a nail down her door lightly. "Don't be late."

Nara faked a smile closing her door after seeing Lotor turn the corner and quietly walked over to her bed. As she approached she let a genuine loving smile grace her lips as the huge grey-blue eyes stared at her in awe. The small gurgle noise that admitted from the smooth-skinned baby had Nara even more smitten with her child.

"That was close wasn't it." Nara picked the bundle up gently swaying the baby in her arms, pressing a kiss to the boys head almost giggling along as her baby did. "How about Redra?"

The baby sneered it's nose making Nara chuckle a little.

"Hmm how about Taiun?" Another sneer. Nara hummed tickling her son's stomach gently, his eyes reminding her of the man who she left on Earth, the man who made her feel whole. "What about Keith?"