Selfish Desire

After Lotor's unwanted but to Allura's luck extremely good suggestion, the Paladins of Voltron and the Blade of Marmora began the reclaiming process of the many Galra occupied planets that made up about a third of Zarkon's Empire. It was all going swimmingly until the night before a retake where Allura and Lotor had a fiery argument which brought trouble during the raid the next day. An enemy ship had gotten too close to the Castle, Lotor demanding the Princess to retreat only to be restrained by the Marmora at the Princess's request. Lotor slapped their hold away adjusting his armour and glanced up at the moment the Galra ship settled itself in front of the brig window. His eyes widened in horror to see the Galra commander staring straight at him a look of both confusion and shock etching his features.

"Allura, we need to leave immediately." Lotor didn't dare avert his gaze and the Princess sighed heavily about to retort when the ship shook under the sudden attack. "Now!"

"But what about-"

"-Voltron will be fine!" Lotor boomed heading towards the Altean, "Now Allura!"

Coran nodded at the Princess in hurried agreement and Allura against her better judgement did as Lotor demanded. They fled the battlefield apologising to the Paladins as they went. Lotor rushed from the bridge straight to the Green Lion bay where Pidge's computer sat. Quick to recall the paladin's actions Lotor managed to locate the Galra communication line just in time to hear his fate.

Prince Lotor is now officially an enemy of the Empire. If you find him, kill him by any means necessary.

Lotor growled angrily at the sound of his father's dark voice, slamming his fists against the desk before flinging the chair across the room. This foiled almost all of his plans, an enemy of his people, what was he supposed to do now? His eye caught a figure at the bay doors and he stood straight.

"What do you want?"

"The planet occupation was successful, the Paladin's are on their way back."

"Fantastic." Lotor spat venomously at the Altean advisor.

***

"Spanner in your plans huh?" Keith smirked a little in triumph as he sat watching the Galra Prince. He was hunched, eyes twitching every so often, his hands clasped together with a death-like grip and his brain was on overload.

"Of the sort," Lotor replied turning his gaze to the Red Paladin who was offhandedly cleaning his blade.

"You wouldn't happen to know where Zarkon put my armour?"

"What does it matter now?" Lotor rose a brow in annoyance, there were more pressing matters that needed attention not the location of some flimsy armour that can be easily replaced.

"Depends on your answer."

"I'm sure he sent it off with the druids remains."

"Druid?" Keith stopped his hands instantly, eyes drifting up towards the Galra Prince.

"Rarg, the one who cared for your wounds."

"He's dead?"

"By now I'm sure." Lotor sighed heavily. "I sent my generals after him, all for naught it seems."

Keith now had his hands on his knees, leaning forward, his attention one hundred percent on the Galra.

"What were you planning to do with him?"

"I had hoped he would know how to return my sister back to her body," Lotor spoke seriously before waving his hand in dismissal. "Use this knowledge to lure you away from your fellow paladins and take you back. But since I am no longer welcome, I do not see the point."