Legolas, Fingers And A Veil

Lance was walking with purpose beside Pidge when Lotor appeared around the corner, too absorbed with himself to notice the two Paladins. Lance was unable to dodge the incoming body and grunted as the Galra Prince knocked into him seemingly unaware he had even hit something and continued walking, shrouded in obliviousness.

"Woah, hold up there Legolas," Lance exclaimed grasping the Galra's wrist and bringing Lotor to a stop. The Prince turned and seemed to dissolve the layer that surrounded him as Pidge rose a brow at Lance.

"Legolas, Lance? Seriously?"

"Its the hair." Lance motioned with his hands before shrugging and pointed to Lotor's ears. "His ears are Elfish too."

Pidge simply shook her head just raising her hand to stop the Blue Paladin from talking before turning to the Galra who's brow was creased with confusion but also remorse.

"Lotor, are you okay?"

"I will be in due time." Lotor replied noticing the bucket in Lance's hand, "Where are you off to?"

"To milk Kaltenecker." Lance shrugged at the surprise that lit up on Lotor's features. "She's just our cow."

"A cow?" Lotor pursed his lips at the sound the word made before mentioning the name Lance had called him just before. "Who or what is a Legolas?"

"It's- you know what? It's nothing. Did you want to come with us?" Pidge offered grabbing the Prince's arm. Lotor supposed the distraction would be welcome from the feeling of guilt he was currently attempting to push away. The Galra nodded his head as Lance began to leave which brought a grin to Pidge's lips, lugging Lotor behind her as she rushed to catch up with the Blue Paladin.

***

Coran was just in awe, the presence of an Altean much older than himself, one who had survived for ten thousand years within a Galra dominated Universe and who was happy to answer and reveal everything he had witnessed. The Altean advisor listened with enthusiastic intent along with his Princess and found his brain filling with eye changing information. Rarg was quite eager to bow allegiance to Allura and found the suspicious gazes he received from the two in return amusing.

"I expected the weariness, but you must understand my loyalty lies with Princess Nara." Rarg clasped his shaking fingers together. "I am to aid you if I ever wish to see her again."

Coran shared an accepting look with Allura and the Princess nodded to her advisor before grasping the Druid's hands with her own.

"Then let us do the best we can to reunite ourselves with our long lost friend."

Rarg found the foreign warmth that spread through him both strange and refreshing. His recently mended old bones that still ached seemed to soothe the longer Allura held on.

"If it is alright with you Allura, I might go in search for Keith." Rarg bowed as the Princess nodded and released the man from her grasp.

***

Keith parried the blow Matt sent his way, smiling at the pure glee the rebel sent his way. They sparred for a few moments more while Hunk watched before Matt caught Keith by surprise. Hooking his staff under the Red Paladins legs, Matt hissed in pain as Keith's arm shot out, claws automatically gripping the side of the rebel's neck in a desperate attempt to balance himself. The Half Galra yelped as he fell back bringing the unprepared Holt sibling with him, groaning as he hit the ground with Matt on top of him.

"Sorry!" Matt exclaimed struggling to untangle himself from Keith suddenly stopping as blood seeped from where Keith had clawed him.

"Oh jeez, Matt you're bleeding." Keith helped the rebel sit up and cursed himself as he examined the wound, fingers ghosting around the gashes.