Halloween Special

*We are diverting momentarily from the main part of the story for Halloween! So happy Halloween guys!  Enjoy a chapter of Pidge getting the others in the holiday spirit!*

***

Hunk was currently sleeping peacefully; a dream that was recurring of late. Happily drifting down a rich chocolate river on top a sweet cinnamon doughnut, ready to embrace the sprinkle rain. He didn't hear his door creep open, too busy opening his mouth. Hunk knew something was wrong when the marshmallow clouds suddenly turned dark. When the first sprinkle rain hit his skin, he glanced down in confusion when it started to crawl. The sprinkle somehow had sprouted eight legs and had far too many eyes for Hunk's liking.

He bolted upright screaming in horror after something had jumped on him and flung his limbs out in defence. A low hum of amusement had Hunk turning his head to see Keith smirking at him. The movement on top of him had the yellow paladin turning his attention to Pidge, who was grinning cheerfully. The girl was extremely pale, dark bags around her eyes and bloody fangs hanging out her mouth had Hunk falling out of bed.

"Happy Halloween!" Pidge exclaimed before hiding her mouth and nose with her cape. "I am Count Dracula!"

"What...?" Hunk asked completely lost to how she possibly knew it was Halloween and where she got her costume from. "Am I still dreaming? Because this has taken an unexpected turn."

"No!" Pidge huffed disappointed with Hunk's reaction, sliding off his bed to sit in front of him. "I did some calculations and it's the thirty first of October on Earth. I thought we could celebrate it since it reminds us of home."

Hunk furrowed his brow in guilt as Pidge slumped in defeat.

"If it's Halloween then we'll need spooky themed food." Keith tried to get Hunk involved, encouraging the yellow paladin with a raise of his brow.

"Of course!" Hunk gave Keith a look of thanks before continuing as Pidge looked at him expectedly. "Ghost cookies, eyeball marshmallows!"

***

Hunk was busy in the kitchen with Matt; who Pidge had already wrangled into her festivity. He had dressed as a mad scientist, cackling every so often, exclaiming his creation had come to life. Pidge had managed to convince Keith to dress the part, smiling up at the red paladin who adjusted the large curled horns that nestled in his hair.

They entered the brig where Coran was speaking with Lotor. The Galra prince turned to them and his jaw slackened slightly at how they were dressed.

"Happy Halloween!" Pidge grinned at them as Keith inserted his fangs trying not to ruin his claws.

"Halloween?" Coran asked curiously. "Is that an Earth custom?"

"Yeah, it's a whole day of awesome fun." The green paladin said. She knew that it was a day to remember the dead, but for now, they could have some fun. Allura and Nara appeared moments later, and it was soon decided that Pidge and her friends would teach them all about Halloween.

They headed to the kitchen where Hunk was finishing off the cookies and Lance and Shiro had joined in the festivity.

"We have food!" Pidge motioned enthusiastically. "Costumes!"

Lance popped up beside Pidge and paraded his own handmade costume. The green paladin had to stop her educating when she finally took in Lance's sense of dress.

"What are you supposed to be?"

"A Mummy," Lance spoke as if it was obvious. The fabric he had loosely wrapped around his head and body left only his eyes, mouth and nose visible.

"More like a mummy's boy." Keith snorted in humour to which Lance scowled and flipped him off before heading back to help Matt. Shiro came to Keith's side and continued Pidge's tour.

"And we have decorations."

"I want to wear a costume." Coran curled his moustache in excitement and crept up to Shiro and prodded the small bolts in the man's neck. "Fascinating."

"Frankenstein's monster?" Keith smirked as Shiro shrugged.

"Matt needed something to bring to life."

A mad cackle from Matt had Keith smiling at him. Pidge took the Galra and Altean's to her room where she kept all her costume choices. Shiro, Lance, and Keith headed to the brig and started to hang the decorations. Keith had to help Lance more than once as he got caught in the fake spider webs. Matt and Hunk joined them after they set out the food, trying to finish before Pidge came back.

"What are those?" Lance asked Hunk as he watched the yellow paladin place a large white like pumpkin down.

"I'm not sure, Coran uses the contents for cleaning." Hunk said thanking Keith has he placed another beside it. "But they are our pumpkin equivalents."

***  

It wasn't long before Pidge returned with the now fully costumed entourage. The green paladin gasped at the decorations, hugging her brother who came to stand beside her. It was certainly an Earth Halloween, but it was mixed with Altean and Galra influence. The hanging decorated bats were strange shrew-like creatures with wings. The spiders that clung to the webs were weird blobs with only four legs. But were scary enough each with one enormous eye viciously glaring at her.

"Happy Halloween Pidge!" The paladins chorused before a timed eerie noise was followed by the sound of a creaking door. A witch's haunting cackle followed before the lights went off. They were left in the dark where only the candles they had lit were illuminating the room. It was several moments later when two lights came on but not bright enough to light the entire room.

"Coran?" Pidge gasped knowing he was the only one who would be able to alter the lights and sounds in such a way. Coran couldn't help but grin at the girl's ecstatic face. He had changed and orchestrated it after Matt and Keith's request the day before. Pidge let out a small squeal of delight before she dragged her brother and went to inspect everything. Keith approached his mother and uncle and took in their costumes.

"Claws, fluffy ears, hairy hands, and face..." Keith couldn't stop the smile from spreading as Lotor scowled at him deeply. "A werewolf?"

"I do not even know what one of those is. So why am I forced to have this insufferable itchy fur on my face?" Lotor went to itch his jaw when Nara slapped his hand away and shook her head. "All this for one child...It's baffling."

"You look cute." Keith mocked, holding in his laugh as Lotor growled at him and stormed away. "The growling doesn't help your case." He called out to his uncle before turning back to his mother.

"I am some kind of evil queen." She smiled pointing to her crooked crown happily before motioning to Keith's dark horns. "Are you some kind of beast?"

"I'm the Devil. He's like the ruler of Hell." He explained before showing her his tail. Nara nodded, oblivious to what Hell was, but let Keith drag her over to the table that was laid with gross but delicious looking food. Allura was munching away on her eyeball, Keith instantly knowing she was dressed as a witch with her large pointed brimmed hat. The mice that were having their own fill had small black wings on their back, almost bat-like.

Coran came up behind Lance and with his hooked hand threatened to slice his neck.

"Me booty boy, before me blast ye to Davy Jones' Locker!" Coran exclaimed as Lance yelped in terror. The Altean advisor let the boy go and grinned happily. "How was that?" He flipped up his eye patch as he asked Pidge; who popped up beside him.

"Flawless!" She answered and laughed at Lance who was holding his neck. Lance took in Coran's costume and grinned.

"A perfect choice." He chuckled and wrapped his hand around Pidge's shoulders. They took turned to look at their friends as Coran headed over to Keith, showing him his hook. Lance smiled and rubbed his hand on Pidge's arm. "Happy Halloween, Pidge."