Monster

This ones for you the amazing and fantabulous  summer710 who fell in love with my story.

I stared at myself in the mirror.
My hair tied into a bun decorated by a crown of slightly glittering bluebells and a blue rose. I was wearing a midnight blue simple dress, pearl studs for earrings to suit my plain dress.Simple yet elegant. Like a proper Skylark. The reason I was dressed in blue rather than green or black had to do with a certain Gryffindor.

The blue color I wore was Reece's favourite.

I looked closely checking my dress for a last time before wearing a cloak. The extra effort had another reason as it's always so for a slytherin.It might as well be the last time I go to the Slug Club. With a monster on the loose and Hogwarts on the brink of closing.

The dress served as a reminder to a person I was trying to forget, to throw in the deep dungeons of my mind.

Tom Marvolo Riddle.

God save a person from the clutches of that man. Then why was I so tempted to loose myself to him.
His icy blue eyes.
His beautiful lies.
Would be the death of me.

I go deeper into the dungeons to find slow notes becoming louder at every step.

Welcome to slug club.

I think as I enter the room and go sit next to Reece. He gives me a half hearted smile. I squeeze his hand in response.

"Ah, Miss Skylark I'm glad you could join us many have declined my offer for this meeting in fear of dark corridors." Professor Slughorn says welcoming and proud.

"They say life resides out of your comfort zone. And I couldn't possibly miss such an golden opportunity ." I said giving him one of my most gorgeous smile as I incopicously took Richards hand in mine.

I know I am a Slytherin through and thorough.

"And as Slytherin Prefects its our duty to reassure peace. Is it not?" I say puposely jabbing at Tom who I'm more than absolutely sure is connected.

"Yes." He looks at me." Yes, it is."

Slughorn beams at us proud of his two favourite students.

We proceed to eat dinner and I feel a gaze upon me. I look up to see Riddle eyeing me. I choose to ignore his gaze opting instead to talk to Reece.

"Hey. Are you ok?"

"I don't know."

"Stupid question. I am here if you want anything. Ok. And look I wore blue."

"I saw"

"That's it.. no you're looking more beautiful than words can convey or I can't decide whether you look in the  blue dress or....?"

"Nice idea. Next time I'll be sure to try that on a girl." He jokes back to his former self.

"Don't you dare ?" I say hoisting a finger in the air.

The rest of the dinner passes in a blur.

"Good bye. Liz" he said as we leave the  meeting.

"Good bye Ree" I whisper and then peck on his cheeks."Dream about me."

He muttered something under his breath, nodding his head.

I smiled to an extent proud of the boldness I exibited.
Lets just hope no one sees it .
I didn't want to make my life miserable. If people get to know I, the slytherin princess likes the Gryffindor potioneer now that would be a scandal wouldn't it. They are better of thinking I am playing with him.