Masterplan

I blink my eyes as the sun blinds me , there is a throbbing in my head and as I try to sit the pain gets worse.
Something happened last night. What exactly escapes my mind. Somehow I  get up and rummage through my drawers to find a pain numbing potion. And as I drink in the blue liquid I instantly feel better.

I reach the great hall and sit next to Olivia.

"Where were you last night."

"Why I went to the Slug Club."

"I waited for you the others came but you didn't."

"I might have  gone to the girls room. I was feeling nauseous this morning." I tell her.

She puts a hand on my forehead and throat.

"Your temperature seems fine."

"I took a pain numbing potion."

"Ok if you feel worse we can go to the infirmary."

"Alright" I say and we start eating our breakfast.

Not five minutes after a screaming girl enters the great hall screaming.

"Dead Body... bathroom.... second floor..." she says before passing out on the teachers table and the previous loud chatter is replaced by silent whispering.

~~~~~

The rumors around the castle spread like wildfire. I could see stares in my direction whispering endless whispering.

Last week someone postulated that I was the one responsible for the killing. Just because I had come late at the dorm. It was ridiculous. What hurt was when I realized people actually believed this stupidity.

And as I am going to Herbology , Jackman trips me over but before I fall a pair of comforting arms catch me. I look up to see the vaguely familiar face of Potter. His eyes hold confusion and guilt and pain and regret and  ....love... Emotions I cant identity because I dont know him yet there is a familiarity I cant quite place. I realize a hush has fallen over and I quickly back away from him and run towards the class. I spend good part of the class mulling over his uncharacteristic kindness to a Slytherin especially one who is accused of such a heinous crime. There is a memory tugging on the edges. Like there is something I am supposed to remember but I cant.

I promise I will never let you fall.

I close my eyes at the sudden spasm of pain.

"Are you alright?" A quiet voice whispers.

I look at Tom and sigh tiredly inhaling his pine like perfume so cold and distant yet mytifying and enchanting very beckoning like the dark woods on lonely mountains.

"It doesn't  matter."

"Why in the world would you think so? It surely matters. You matter."

A part of me the rational one knew he was most likely lying to me,  manipulating me but the other major part was ready to take any importance it was going to receive. Tired of being judged and ignored by friends and close confidants.

Olivia and Albert trusted me but I was running away from them I didn't want them to be troubled on my account. Any association with me meant unnecessary bullying.

"Thank you. This means a lot to me."

"You know I dont believe you could do this. "

"Well I'm not much of a Slytherin like you are so I  agree." I joke and I see him stiffen and then relax like nothing happened.

Weird.

"Come on lets go we are getting late for portions."

We managed to reach just in time.

"Today we will be making Amorentia, the love potion. So Partner up and the pair to brew the perfect portion will get 50 house points each. The instructions are on the board . And cautionary advices on the board. Pair up and begin."

I turned around every body had been paired with someone and those who hadn't avoided even  looking towards my direction. I blinked backed tears and clenched my fists.

Then Riddle came and without a word  put his books and cauldron beside mine and lit up a fire.

I looked at him with a wavering but genuine smile.

"What? Are you just going to stand their and watch me. I know I am good looking but we can take this discussion ouyside the class.  Come on get to work."

I was so pleased with him that I totally ignored the fact that he was ordering me around wiping my tears and I started to help him.

We even managed to make the best amorentia.

"What do you smell?" He had asked.

"I... books ... chocolate...food freshly baked ..roasted steak... lavenders and roses flowers... the manor... fresh grass...pine ...oak ... sunlight. I think ..."  

"You love a lot many things?"

"With all my heart and soul"

He cant love he mustn't have smelt a thing.

It enters my mind.

~~~~~

I walk to the great hall the whispers and pointed looks worse.

I dont realize what the commotion is about until Veronica comes up to me.

"Look who we have here our favorite prefect Skylark. "

"Whats your problem Parkinson."

"You. And I'm here to warn you stay away from Tom you-you freak ...worthless  piece of nothing.  "

"You will not say anything to Elizabeth ." Tom says loudly interrupting Veronica.

"And this is for all of you. Anyone I repeat any one who messes with Skylark will have to answer me." He declared and dragged me away from a seething Veronica.

"Are you Alright? Did she hurt you anywhere?" He said checking me.

"I am fine . Thank you." I said perplexed.

"What are you thinking? Dont hesitate  to tell me."

"Why are you being so nice?"

"I thought I was pretty clear about that."

"What?" I said scrunching my eyebrows.

"I fancy you Skylark. Why else?"

A burst of memories entered my head.

Him taking me on a picnic in the a sunny classroom with a lake . Him with me at the astronomy tower. Him getting jealous of Albert at the meeting and telling me he loved me.

Somehow the memories seemed peculiar wrong even but I couldn't tell.

"Oh ! I couldn't remember."

He smiled at me, a smile that suited his features and did not.

And then kissed me.

AN finally about time
But this chp is more like

🎵🎶🎵
i hate u i love u i hate that i love u dont want to but i can't nobody else above u
🎵🎶🎵