Pocahontas

Ever since that day, you had never felt more excited to explore more of the native land than you were now. It amazed you really and at the same time, you began to feel that the people of Europe were gravely mistaken and...uneducated. "It doesn't hurt some of these people to act decent." You mumbled to yourself as you packed your bag. "Along with bringing their egos down to the ground instead of the heavens." A sigh escaped your lips as you stood up and placed a hand on your hip. "Well, I guess someone has to take the risk of learning and that person will be me! Regardless if I am a woman!" you grinned. Quickly you grabbed your bag and made a mad dash out of your house and into the forest.

       Adrenaline coursed through your veins as you hopped over logs and walked past vines and other items. "Ah, this feels absolutely beautiful!" you grinned, inhaling the beautiful scent of nature. As you immersed yourself more into the forest, you began your work; picking berries, drawing and noting the animal behavior. As the sun rose higher, the day became warmer. "Gracious it's getting rather warm." you said as you fanned yourself. "I wonder if there is a lake of some sort nearby?" Getting up, you dusted your dress off and grabbed your bag before heading off in a random direction.

        It felt like hours had passed as you groaned. "Oh my gosh, is it so hard for some water-eep!!" you suddenly yelped when you lost your footing and tumbled down the slope before splashing into water. Immediately you surfaced, coughing as you tried to catch your breath. "Okay mother nature, you know you could've done that nicely!" you shouted into sky. Suddenly you felt something land on your lap and when you looked down, a ball of fur looked back at you. "And you gave me a raccoon- wait a minute. Oh! You're that funny looking raccoon! Nice to meet you..." What should you name the fellow?
"Meeko." A deep voice said. You whipped your head and looked over to see someone hop down from the tree and right in front of you. Your eyes widened and you gasped.
"It's you!"
"Yes and might I add that is an interesting look for you." He smirked.
"Oh ha ha, very funny. I only wanted water."
"I heard. You should have asked nicer."
You pouted as the raccoon laughed its tiny little furry tale off. "Well the least you could do is help me up." you argued, holding a hand out.

        The Native looked at you warily. "How can I trust you? How do I know you might kill me or attack me?" he asked defensively.
"Are you looking at me? I'm wet and defenseless."
"Lies. That gun is in your clothing."
You sighed as you calmed yourself. "A gun's machinery doesn't work like that. As soon as it's wet, the weapon is absolutely useless until it dries." You explained. "Now will you please help me?! This dress is getting heavy!" you watched him roll his eyes before grabbing your hand and pulling you up.
"Why do you people always wear such heavy clothing? Does it not bother you and does it not weigh you down?" he asked as you wrung your dress to get the excess water out.
"That is a good question." You said and sighed, placing your hand on your hips. "And honestly, it's the majority that prefer it, even though I'm against wearing dresses."
"Then don't." he explained. "Woman of my tribe can wear pants if they please, though many prefer the dress, it still is nothing wrong."

        "How nice. In Europe, we have these standards that infuriates me! Women can't be scientists or doctors or anything as nice as that! We are stuck with being mothers or house wives! Which is no problem but I feel like my mind will just burst with the dullness of it! And don't get me-!" You stopped when you heard a deep chuckle and looked over to see the man laughing at your antics. "Hey I only speak the truth." You said as you crossed your arms.
"Your truth is amusing." He responded. There was a moment of silence before you moved your wet hair away from your face.
"H-Hey, I was wondering," you said, toying with your dress nervously. "what's your name?"
"My name?"
"Y-yes." There was a quiet moment before he spoke again.
"Pocahontas."
"Po-ca-hon-tas?" you repeated, making sure the pronunciation was correct.
"Yes, now, what is yours?" he asked, looking towards you.
"Oh! My name is (Y/n)!" you replied with a smile.
"(Y/n) ..." he repeated, causing you to nod. A sigh escaped his lips and he shook his head. "You English people have odd customs and names."
"Oh speak for yourself will you?" The both of you looked at each other before the both of you broke out in chuckles and giggles.

        It amazed you how he actually wasn't that bad of a person and definitely not as brooding as you expected him to be. "Well," you began with a smile. "I have to head back and get out of these clothes or I might catch a cold." You said. "Now where is my bag?" you questioned as you began to look for your bag.
"I think I might know." Pocahontas said as he walked over to a tree. You watched as he reached up to a branch and began to shake it and using his other hand, grabbed the falling bag. He reached in it and pulled out a raccoon by the tail. You gawked as the raccoon ate your bread and berries. "You did not." You mumbled as you took your bag and looked in it. Sure enough, the bag was empty, leaving your writing utensils and journal. You glared at the furry creature and pointed at him. "That's going to go straight to your stomach, hope you know that."
The raccoon looked at you before chucking the wet loaf of bread at your face before dashing off. "Did he just-!"
"Meeko... I apologize."
"It's fine." You sighed. "Well, like I said, I must be heading back. But, um, I was wondering," you began. "I was hoping maybe you could show me more of what nature has to give?" you asked nervously. Pocahontas looked at you before he nodding.
"I suppose that there should not be a problem with teaching you the ways of mother nature's creation and her abilities to heal." Your eyes widened and a grin spread across your lips. Joy filled your whole being as you cheered in delight.
"That's wonderful! Oh my goodness!" you giggled, jumping up and down like a little girl. "Then I shall meet you here tomorrow! Around the same time, just slightly earlier! Oh I can't wait!" you squealed as you waved him goodbye and went on your way. This definitely will be a trip of a life time.

        Pocahontas watched as you made your way back to where the rest of your people were and sighed. "She is very unique." He said as he held out his hand for the green humming bird to land on. "Don't you agree Flit?" The bird nodded before zooming around Pocahontas, tapping him with his beak and flicking his long onyx hair.
"I think she might like you, more better than Meeko that is." Pocahontas smirked, before he looked over his shoulder to see the raccoon laying at the base of the tree with his stomach out and bulging. "She did say it would go straight to your stomach." He added, causing Meeko to roll his eyes and burped.