Meraud

Letting out a groan of exhaustion, you flopped onto your bed, your mind and body aching for the sweet bliss of a good night's sleep. To say that you were tired would not only be one hell of an understatement, it would almost be an insult. It had been busy for a couple days now in the Kingdom of Dunbroch, especially in the castle, making sure that everything was to Queen Elinor's expectations, which meant you were no exception. Though her highness has helped you graciously in many ways you couldn't even imagine, you had promised that in return you would help around the castle. From gathering enough ingredients to giving the kitchen a helping hand. You made sure that you helped everyone the best way you could, especially keeping an eye on the troublesome trio's antics, and to make sure that Maudie didn't faint from their games.

     It was a difficult task juggling everything, after all, the commotion and ruckus wasn't for nothing. In the next few days, a bride will be chosen for the hand of Meraud. The whole kingdom was buzzing about the whole ordeal. Honestly, you felt...odd about the whole situation. On one hand you knew Meraud wasn't going through with the with it, not without a fight at least. He's too adventurous and rebellious to be tied down by marriage. On the other hand, you were worried that his attempt in freeing himself from this marriage ordeal would all be in vein and he'll have no choice but to pick a suitor. Just the thought of that made your heart feel heavy. Sure, you had come to fall for Meraud, but in the end, you wanted his happiness, even if it meant sacrificing your own. You let out an exhausted sigh and turned to your side. I'm too tired for this right now. I'll think about it tomorrow, you thought as your eyes fluttered close and you drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

     Shaking. That's what you were feeling. As if someone were trying to wake you up. You groaned and swatted away the hand tiredly, curling underneath your blanket so that you may resume your sleep. Whom or whatever was trying to wake you up could wait until morning. "Aye lass, wake up." you heard a voice say. It was an all too familiar voice; smooth and deep, gentle but firm.
"M-Meraud?" You asked, your voice soft and coated in sleep.

     "Aye it's me. Listen, I need you to get up for me right now. Grab your cloak and hurry." He ushered in a low voice, trying his best not to startle you so suddenly as he helped you unravel your body from the tangled sheets.
"W-what?" you managed to ask, concerned and confused about what in the world was going on at such late hours of the night. Immediately, you felt the familiar warmth of your cloak being draped over your shoulders, feeling fingers fumble with tying it up the best they could. Gosh you were so tired, you could barely keep your eyes open and stay conscious. Meraud felt terrible about the whole situation. You were exhausted and he could see that in you. Usually by now, you would at least be awake and somewhat alert yet here you were, standing with droopy eyes and him tying your cloak so you could stay warm. Just as he finished securing the cloak on your shoulders, you suddenly fell forward. Quickly, Meraud caught you in his arms. He looked at you with a worried look as you curled into his embrace. It would be wiser to not take you, to let you rest after working your tail end off these past couple of days, but you were the only one he could trust with this predicament. "I'm really sorry Lass." He whispered before he quickly lifted you into his arms. At least you could grab a few more minutes of shut eye before he wakes you up to this whirlwind of a mess.

     As you continued to sleep soundly, a breeze blew against you. It was stronger than usual, but it felt nice against your skin. Suddenly that breeze stopped and everything felt still. How odd; this didn't feel like your bed, nor did this feel like your comfortable duvet. Something wasn't right. You slowly cracked your eyes open, trying to figure out what was going on. "Good, you're awake." Meraud said as he stood on the ground, helping you stand on your own two feet. You watched through dazed eyes as he walked around, muttering about something you weren't able to comprehend. Rubbing the sleep from your eyes, your vision became clear and you took in your surroundings; a large grassy field, surrounded by statues taller than you could ever believe with Meraud weaving through the statues as if he were searching something. With no clue why you were brought here, you turned to look around in hopes to recognize anything that could give you a hint on where you were. Suddenly, your eyes landed on a creature however, that wasn't any creature. There, standing on its two hind legs watching Meraud weave through the statues, was a bear.

His HighnessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara