8: The one with a dragon

|•|
Amalthea looked around and smiled as she saw her familiar surroundings.

"Home sweet home." She whispered to herself.

"Welcome home, darling." The sweet voice of her grandmother spoke softly.

Amalthea turned around to see her grandmother sitting on a couch under the canopy in the middle of the gardens.

"Good afternoon, Grandmama." She replied. "How was your morning?"

The elderly woman smiled. "Lovely." She stood up, leaning heavily on her cane. "I do believe Arohk is quite bored. He's been calling for you all morning, driving us all mad."

Amalthea smiled apologetically.

"Do us all a favor and take him out, dear." Rhea began walking away before turning around with another smile. "It's a beautiful day." She stated before continuing her walk into the castle.

Amalthea turned and began walking through the gardens.

It was a few minutes before she came upon the clearing she had been looking for.

She took a minute to enjoy the view of the mountains in the distance and the beautiful flowers.

Thea took a deep breath and called out to her companion. "Arokh!" She waited a moment but heard no reply. "Arokh! Where are you?" She shouted.

"I'm right here." A deep voice said.

She watched as a large, red dragon landed in front of her.

"Hello." She smiled at him.

"There have been many issues on the Northern border since you left." He said.

"I don't get a hello?" She feigned hurt.

He looked at her blankly.

Amalthea sighed and walked up to him, running her hand over his wings gently. "What kind of issues?"

"Blackwings, and rough ones. They've been burning all the villages." Arokh spoke.

"Have they been provoked attacks?" She asked.

He shook his head.

She nodded a little. "Well let's go then." Amalthea jumped up onto his back and sat herself down on the leather saddle.

Arokh lifted into the air and began flying away over the mountains.

"So how was your weekend?" He asked as they rose over the mountains.

Amalthea laughed. "It's a long story."

~~~

Bill sighed and spun around in his chair.

He had sat in a chair for a good 20 minutes, as everyone ran around in panic, before he found out why he'd really been called into work.

Apparently, someone had gone to retrieve who knows what from their vault, only to find that everything was cursed.

Not just cursed, but everything had a different dark curse, something Bill had never faced before, especially not in such quantities.

He looked up at the clock and groaned when he saw that he had now been at Gringotts for a whole 3 hours.

He was baffled. He could not, for the life of himself, conclude why this would ever happen. No one had been in that vault in a few months, and those items still had that new curse smell.

He had also been up late last night, so of course, that did not help anything.

Last night, his friends marathon ended with Amalthea waking up and turning off the TV at 5:00 am, grumbling about his need to sleep.

Yet another thing that baffled him was that Joey and Rachel have not gotten together yet. He knew it was bound to happen sometime.

Bill ran his hand over his face in exhaustion before getting up from his comfy chair, grabbing his bag, and walking out of his office.

He walked out onto the busy street of Diagon Ally before beginning his walk to the nearest apparation station.

It was just too damn early for this.

~~~

Amalthea laughed as Arokh landed with a loud thud in the gardens beside her tower.

"Oh thank you so much for saving me from that wreched pirate! You are truly my knight in shining armor!" She put her hands on her chest dramatically.

Arokh rolled his eyes.

"Come by Grimmlaud tomorrow, will you?" She asked, returning to seriousness, as she got off of his back. "The place really is boring."

"Of course."

"But don't get seen. I refuse to have anything to do with the ministry of magic." She reminded him.

"Yes, mother." Arokh's gruff voice replied, almost comically.

She rolled her eyes. "Goodnight, Arokh."

"Goodnight, princess." He bowed lowly as Amalthea shook her head.

She hugged his side affectionately. "Be safe. Don't let Vilho trick you into doing his dirty work."

Arokh chuckled.

Amalthea walked into her tower and grabbed her bag from on the chair in the far corner.

"Goodbye." She whispered as she apparated away and onto the street at Grimmlaud place.

She walked up the the door and opened it, not at all surprised when she heard shouts from inside of the parlor.

She peeked her head in and was delighted to see Bill sitting on a couch next to another with firey red hair.

"How many Weasley's could there possibly be?" She asked herself.

"Hello!" She turned around to see who more identical redheads behind her.

"Hi." She smiled a little.

The two redheads moved past her to move into the room.

"Thea!" She heard Bill's voice shout. She smiled and walked over to him.

She sat down on the arm of the chair. "How was work?" She asked.

"Eh." Bill kissed her on the cheek and pulled her down to him. "How was your dragon ride?"

"Fun." She replied.

They both looked up to see that all the prior chatter in the room had stopped, and all heads were turned to them.

"I always told you that all heads turn when you walk into a room." Bill whispered.

Amalthea giggled.

"How was your day, Amalthea?" Sirius asked, still grinning from his previous conversation with the twins.

She looked up at him with a small smile. "It was great."

And all was well.
|•|

There you have it!
Another chapter, finally!

In the next chapter...
I have a surprise!!!
You may or may not have seen it coming...

Until next time,
(AKA next Thursday/Friday)
Enjoy your day!