15: The one with 8

|•|

Thirteen years ago-

"Darling, you look absolutely stunning!" Her mother smiled as she brushed through her daughter's long hair.

"Thank you, Mama." She smiled and jumped off the plush chair.

Tatiana Demidov was a beautiful woman with long, brunette hair, and gorgeous aqua eyes. She was a kind, fair woman and the only heir to the Demidov fortune. She had had met Regulus during his 7th year of Hogwarts whilst he was still in league with the dark lord.

The door opened to reveal Regulus himself, a big, bright smile gracing his handsome face. "You both look absolutely gorgeous." He spoke, his English accent thick.

"Thank you, Regulus." Tatiana smiled, peking her husband on the cheek.

"Thank you, daddy." Amalthea giggled as he picked her up and spun her around.

Regulus set her down gently and smiled at his wife and daughter. "Are you ready, my loves? It is time we celebrate our princess's birthday. Eight is a big year, you know."

Amalthea nodded and rolled her eyes ever so slightly, a trait she had certainly picked up from her mother.

Regulus took both their hands and led them out of the room.

They walked down the right side of the grand staircase, as was customary, and stood at the landing as they were announced.

"His Royal highness Regulus of House Black, The Grand Duchess Tatiana of House Demidov, and the Grand Duchess Amalthea of House Black-Demidov."

There was a polite amount of applause as the royal family began their decent down the staircase, once again.

At the bottom, they met Tatiana's mother, Rhea.

She smiled kindly at them all and they exchanged quiet greetings.

It wasn't long before every couple in the room was dancing the waltz, all having a grand time.

Rhea pulled Amalthea to the side and sat her down on her father's throne, as Rhea sat on Tatiana's.

"Grandmama, you simply cannot leave again!" The girl announced, looking pleadingly at her elder. "I've missed you so! London can wait."

"They are stunning, aren't they My dear?" Rhea looked out upon the dancing crowd. "I simply love the music, the grace and poise they all dance with."

"I love it too. One day, I want to be like them." Amalthea agreed.

Rhea turned to Amlthea, a large smile gracing her face. "Where do you want to go for our after Christmas vacation?"

Tatiana came over and stood infront of her mother and daughter. "Yes, darling, where do you wish to go?" She asked.

"I haven't thought much of it." The girl muttered. "Perhaps I can go with you, grandmama, to London!"

Rhea smiled. "Why, of course! We can go shopping in diagon alley, stop by Hogsmeade, and visit the shreaking shack!"

Tatiana clapped her hands together. "I would like to go as well. I haven't visited London in years! Oh my, We can visit Hogwarts!"

Rhea smiled, her eyes wrinkled as she did so. "I shall owl the Headmaster tonight."

But they never did make it to England.

For a dark shadow had decended on the house of Romanov, they never saw it coming.

He called himself Kazimir.

Regulus had invited the man into the castle with the hopes that he could heal his only son, Nicholai, of his unknown ailment.