16: The one with a castle

Amalthea Black has not been as happy as she is now in years.

She had finally, after years and years of waiting to find that special person she could spend the rest of her life with, found him. 

Her soul mate. 

Her other half.

William Arthur Weasley. 

Today she had come to the castle to share the news with her best friend of her upcoming wedding. 

The castle was abuzz with the chatter of excited people, all going about their various tasks preparing for the annual Remembrance ball that took place every year on the anniversary of the death of the former King and Queen. 

This was the time when all the high class from around the country would come pay respects to those lost in the tragic incident in which they perished. 

Amalthea had woken up quite early that morning to take a stroll in the gardens. It was peaceful, all that sould be heard was the sound of birds chirping in the distance. 

She took a seat beneath the oak tree, the only one on the grounds and smiled. This is where she and her father always had their most important talks.

"Amalthea, why aren't you with Calista?" She turned her little head up to see her father looking knowingly down at her.

She sighed. "She broke my favorite doll! The one grandpapa gave me after his spring in China!"

Regulus sighed and sat down beside his daughter on the grass. "Sometimes we have to move on and forgive someone even after they have hurt us." He paused. "You do love Calista more then the doll, don't you my dear?"

Amalthea nodded, her blue eyes dripped with tears and looked down at her shoes.

"Then its time to forgive her." He stood and lifted his little girl to her feet with him. "Now come, lets go find her then we'll see what the kitchen is cooking up, hmm?"

She smiled and grabbed her father's hand, running with him through the nearest door.

She was broken from here reviere by a familiar voice. "I thought I'd find you out here."

She looked up to see one of her oldest friends, Viktor, looking down at her. She smiled. "Hello, Vik. Have you been spending more time in England? You almost sound like an Englishman." She said cooly. 

Viktor's face flashed with panic before returning to it's usual stoic demeanor. "No, Thea, I have been traveling a bit though, with an old friend."

"I see." She raised an eyebrow. "Have you heard from Katerina? It seems she is missing as well."

He nodded. "She will not be attending this year, though she send her regards." Amalthea sighed lightly. "She said I should ask you about the ring, Though I'm not sure I know what she means."

Amalthea held up her left hand for him to see. 

"Ah, so William finally got the guts to do it. Good for him."

"It doesn't seem as though you are happy, Vik. Why is that?" she looked deep in his eyes, as though searching for an answer. 

"I only wonder if that is what is best for you. For the kingdom." Viktor replied after a moment. 

Amalthea stood. "I really should go awaken Calista," she gave  him a small smile. "I will see you later, viki."

"Give sleeping beauty my deepest regards." He joked.