Chapter 40: Those Words

Look out for the <>!

I nodded to doctor Cali as he told me about the side effects of the drug that he was pumping into my by an IV. His words weren't sinking in even though he spoke with such a serious tone, however I just kept thinking about how alone I felt in this big room across the country. I held back the tears that wanted to run down my face as my emotions got the best of me. I got here so fast and I didn't feel ready to be here. Just two days ago, I was with Farrah at the hospital. I didn't even have time to properly tell Peter I was leaving, only calling him to inform him of the change in events.

"And Clare, I need you to sign this paper," he said as he handed me a clipboard, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I nodded at him with a sniffle as I pulled myself together before I fell apart completely. I took the clipboard that was cold against my hands. "Yeah, ok, sure," I said and quickly signed it. The faster I signed, the faster I could leave this place. Even though I had only been in this hospital for 30 minutes, I was eager to leave.

He looked at the signature and nodded as he opened his mouth, looking as if he was about to say something, then quickly changed his mind. With that, he walked out of the room without another word.

I frowned at his backside as he closed the door behind him, shutting me out from any interaction from the outside world. Already I missed Doctor Patel, at least with him and the nurses they made it was a second home, but here, it was as strange as the moon.

At that moment my phone buzzed with a photo of Farrah frowning, with her arm in the cast. I smiled lightly; knowing that she would entertain me even though she was thousands of miles away.

A second later, my phone buzzed again with a video from Farrah. "Hey Clare, missing you, but on the plus side I get to hang out in your room and you can't kick me out. Also, I looked through all your clothes. They. Are. Crap. I don't know why you don't go shopping. And don't be mad, but mom and I tossed half of your clothes away. Sorry! But it's fine because we'll buy you new ones. Don't be mad. Ok bye! Love you!" she said into the camera and blew a kiss, ending the video.

Mad was an understatement. I felt my blood boil as I thought about my outfits that may have been ugly, but were mine! I liked all of them because they were all comfy. I didn't need new clothes because where would I wear them? To the hospital? Not likely. They shouldn't have done that because it was just a waste of their time and money. I did a sound recording back to her, "Farrah, really? Please! I needed all of those! At least let me pick through the ones you tossed?" I begged.

I waited a second until Farrah sent a video back to me. "No can do Champ. We may have already tossed them. But on the plus side, we'll have something fun to do when you come back."

<>

I frowned at my phone. Instead of doing a video, I face-timed her. She answered instantly with a smiled, her dark eyes standing out against her white skin, showing signs that all summer tans lost. "I'm going to kill you," I threatened.

Farrah smiled at the camera so easily, as if she was confident that throwing away all my clothes was the right move. "That's why I waited until you left."

I rolled my eyes at her. So this meant that she had been planning this for weeks, even months maybe, waiting for the right moment to attack.

"Mom and I both agreed that you needed new clothes. The ones you have were too meh."

I frowned at her. "But what if I liked those meh clothes?"

"You'll like the new ones more."

I rolled my eyes, seeing no point in this argument. She wouldn't realize what she did was wrong, and there was no use in fighting about it when she was thousands of miles away. I might as well give up now, knowing that I needed to talk about other things with her to help distract me from the fact that I was here.