Mermaids Dismiss

I grit my teeth as I listened to the women's insufferable chatter

I grit my teeth as I listened to the women's insufferable chatter. What a waste. Now that someone saw us, I'd have to wait for a few days. No matter how important Ariel is, a witness is a witness.

I hope she can wait for my love for just a few more days.

"Sir?" I was jostled from my daydreaming as the annoying woman who called us over tapped my shoulder.

Withholding a heavy sigh, I glanced at her. "Yes, fair lady?" She giggled at that, giving Ariel a side glance.

"I was wondering what your name was. But my, you're strong, silent, and courteous? How rare you are!" She winked at me, before turning away and gesturing frantically at me.

Sweet god, this is the definition of misery.

"My name is Eric Price, but lovely ladies such as yourselves can call me Eric." I gave her a small smile, crinkling my eyes slightly to make it seem genuine.

Before the torture could go any further, Ariel pulled at my sleeve. "We were actually about to go for a walk, so I'll see you later Jamie!"

Ah, so she was the jealous type. How charming.

Looking back, I should have slapped them both.

(This is an extra chapter to say thank you for 68 on short story!)