Mermaids Thud

(Look at the end for an A/N)

There was no time to break. There was a thud and next thing I knew, red crept up the window shield. "Shit!" I exclaimed, my foot instinctually pressing further down.
My hand had been dealt, and I could only make the most out of it.  Flicking the windshield wipers on, I leaned forward. Where to go? 

There was only one place I could think of - the cliff over a river only two miles from my house. I had almost used it to dispose of Attina's body, but perhaps I could use it now for a different purpose. I would need to abandon Ariel if I was chased - but no, I could use her as a hostage so they wouldn't open fire upon me. Genius! And if I do get away, there's multiple paths that lead all sorts of places in the woods. Usually, I despise it. It brings in all sorts of visitors and green-freaks that want to think they're healthy, but now? I let out a whoop, unfortunately, cut out by a muffled sound to my right. 

Ariel.

I glanced over, and sure enough, the little snot was awake. Her eyes were wide, and if only I had enough time, I would have loved to drink in the expression of fear.  "Whh... ah?" Her speech was delightfully slurred (Most definitely from last nights little Arts 'n Crafts session) but I could discern what she was trying to say easily enough.

"Welcome to hell babe, glad you're along for the ride," I said, patting her cheek lovingly.

(A/N) Hello! I usually don't like to do these, but I figured this was important enough to say. A Mermaids Kiss will be rewritten shortly after the end. I love this story, and I want to do it justice. I hope you'll join me once again for it!