Mermaids Fritz

With the smoothie in hand, I made my way down the cellar

With the smoothie in hand, I made my way down the cellar. I am smiling, the plan combined with the torture session fresh in my mind.

Attina is conscious when I step into the room. She doesn't make a sound, but the fear in her eyes screams.

"How are you feeling? Actually, please don't answer that. Life is too short to listen to your sob story. Anyway," I continued. "I figured you would want something to eat, especially since I have to go to work in a few hours, and you won't be able to eat anything else until tomorrow."

She didn't move, although I could swear her eyes grew, staring at the cold drink.

I sighed. "Of course, I understand that the binding ceremony must take a lot out of you. So, as thanks for showing me just how... beautiful torture could be, I brought a spoon to feed you. I hope you like freezer burned fruit and questionable yogurt."

She tried to say something, but all that came out was a rasp. And when I brought the first spoonful to her lips, she only struggled a little.

Most regrettably, looking back I should have left her to starve.

Perhaps then... Well, it's it the past now, isn't it, Meahnan?