did you fall? [virgil & roman]

Virgil gripped at his hair, tugging it harshly. "I can't- c-can't do this anymore! No, no more lies. I'm coming clean!"

"You can't tell the truth, everyone will leave!" Roman shouted, "Do you think everyone will stick around? And what about my parents? They're only together because of you! They need you!"

"No! they need lots of people, they can survive without me." Virgil cried, opening his laptop and typing in the password, "They'll live. I'm coming clean."

"What about Logan?"

"Logan... he wants me." Virgil turned to roman who was standing by his desk and smiled, "l-Logan wants me!"

"What happens if you come clean? Do you think he'll still want you? Huh?" Roman shook his head and walked over to where Virgil was sitting, "telling him lies, and just coming clean? He is still going to want you, after lying about his dead brother?"

"Shut up! He likes me for me! He said so," Roman smirked slightly.

"Really? does he like you or who you pretend to be?" Roman closed Virgil's laptop, moving it away. "No one likes liars, Virgil. Coming clean might help, yeah. But it would leave you completely alone. Right where you started."

"You don't know that!" Virgil shouted, wiping the tears off his face. He stood up and narrowed his eyes at Roman, "The truth will shine through, everyone will appreciate the truth!"

"You're right. I don't know it for sure. But how are you supposed to stop lying to everyone when you can't even tell yourself the truth?"

Virgil paused, looking up at roman. he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and shook his head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, you don't? Are you sure," Roman pushed, "are you sure you don't know exactly what I'm talking about, Virge?"

"No! No, Roman. I have no idea what you're talking about!" Roman let out a chuckle and took Virgil's arm that was broken and tapped it.

"How did you break your arm, Virgil?" Virgil's eyes shot open and he backed away from Roman again and hid his arm.

"I-I slipped out of the tree. Well, more like my hands got very sweaty and like it slipped." Virgil nodded, "That's what happened."

"Did you fall? Or did you let go?"

Roman disappeared after that, leaving Virgil to cry alone. "I-I fell, I fell I didn't let go, I fell. That's what happened."

Virgil slid down the wall, sobbing into his hands, "I didn't fall." he shook his head, his body shaking violently "I let go."

430 words