scientific rambles [analogical]

uh this is a request from -RobinGirlWonder-

if you dont like it just ask me to redo it and be more specific

virgil stared at his tutor as he rambled on about some scientist that invented something. he couldn't seem to focus on the words, just the way he fidgets slightly while talking, or the way he pushes his slightly long hair back everytime it falls out of place, or maybe it's every little thing about him. "oh. i apologise for rambling but it seems that our time is up for today."

virgil frowned slightly, realizing he learned nothing the whole time. "oh," virgil began to put his stuff away.

"i never got to ask, are you getting better grades? or do you still need some help?" virgil thought for a moment, should he lie?

"i still kinda need help." he said, smiling sheepishly at logan and scratching the back of his neck. logan smiled back at him.

"okay. do you think we should maybe see each other more often?" virgil felt his stomach fill with butterflies at the thought of being with logan more. at the thought him being with logan.

"yeah! uh, that um sounds cool." virgil felt his face heat up. "j-just text me about the details when you can!"

"okay, sounds great. see you soon, virge." logan smiled then turned away, walking out of the library.

virgil watched him as he walked out. the only thing he could hear was his heart pounding in his chest. he felt jittery, happy, in love. it felt like bliss, and as much as he wanted to be hopeful, there is only one thing holding him back from asking logan out. what if logan doesn't like him back? at most, he likes him as a friend though virgil doubts he likes him that much.

doubt filled his mind. he deflated and slumped in his chair. how could logan like someone like him? someone so lovely, so beautiful, so perfect like someone like him? someone who isn't put together, who doesn't try, who is him? it could never happen. he knows this. but that doesn't stop his heart from hoping someday that virgil could be with logan. even for just a day.

virgil began to slowly pack everything up. there was a no rush anyways. the walk back to his dorm was quick and as soon as he got back he went into his room and screaming into his pillow. connecting his music to his bluetooth speakers and blasting the music.

soon his roommate, roman, came home with his girlfriend. roman sighed, already knowing what was up with virgil. "keep the music down, please!" he shouted through the door.

the music abruptly stopped and roman awaited to hear what virgil had to say. "he is so flipping perfect!" virgil shouted. "and now we're starting more sessions because i can't pay attention when he rambles and just ah!"

valarie giggled a little. "should we help him?" she asked roman, interlocking their hands. "you are literally the romance god."

"i suppose," roman and valarie then sat down to form a plan. the two then sat there for hours coming up with ways to find out what logan likes, if he likes anyone ect. they decided that one tutoring session virgil will have him come to his dorm and do it there. from then on, virgil will get pulled away by valarie so roman can basically interrogate logan. truth be told, val and roman already knew logan liked virgil. the two were basically soulmates.