Murphy's Miracle

Murphy blares the car horn. They're stuck behind two people in another car.

"Come on. Move it! One other car in North America and I'm stuck behind it." Murphy grumbles

He leans out of the car and shouts. "Get out of the road, Apocabillies!"

"Will you shut up?" Ace growls

"You're gonna attract z's," 10k says

"Relax, you too. You're with me." Murphy says back

"Maybe we should help them." Dr. Merch offers annoyed

"I'll handle this," Murphy says as he climbs out of the truck and 10k follows him

Ace quickly thinks of a way to get out. She looks around. She can kill the guard and run. Dr. Merch can't do anything to stop her.

She agrees with herself but she can't kill the guard. He wears a military helmet. No easy way to do this.

When the guard isn't looking, she pushes the guards head against the wall to slow him down. She kicks open the back doors and leaps out of the car.

"Murphy!" Dr. Merch calls

Ace is well over five yards away now. She doesn't slow down. The guard leaps out of the car after her but Murphy stops him.

As Ace is about to reach the tree line, tow arms sweep her off her feet. Ace struggles against their grasp. She elbows them I. The shoulder and they release her. She turns around to see 10k.

Ace tries running again but he grabs her arm and pulls her over his shoulder. He holds her tightly due to her thrashing about.

"Calm down, Ace." 10k orders

She keeps kicking and hitting. Eventually, she is put back into the truck and 10k sits next to her. Ace sighs angrily and sits down.

"You can't get away Ace. Why do you want to? You're safe here with me." Murphy says

"Because I don't want to be a bitchy blend likeMerch over there." Ace says angrily

Murphy scoffs and drives off. Ace looks over to see 10k staring at her again. As soon as she sees him he looks away. Ace shakes her head and relaxes.

They keep driving until they pull over again. They stop on a grassy hill with rocks scattered about.

"Why are we stopping here?" 10k asks

Ace climbs out and stretches her legs. She can take off again but might get caught. She walks over to Murphy, Merch and 10k.

"To take in the view," Murphy says happily

Ace stands back as they walk towards the edge. As they turn their backs to her she tries to run but collides with the CDC soldier. She grumbles and turns back around.

"There it is. Home of the 1974 World's Fair. You ever heard of the Lilac City, kid?" Murphy asks 10k

10k doesn't answer and stares at the view of the city.

"Course you haven't. You grew up in a cave. Take it in. You got nature right here. It's perfect. Our new home. Spokane!"

10k looks over at Murphy and glares. He looks at Merch and sees her bitemark on her cheek. 10k feels his cheek to make sure there is no bite mark. Ace watches him do this and starts to feel bad.