Return to Mercy Labs

(I'm skipping an episode. sorry! )
(Be prepares for a blast from the past ;) )

The group trudged through a dry grassy land. Their feet ache like hell and legs burning as if they're on fire. Ace runs a bloody hand through her hair.

"We've been walking south for two weeks now!" Murphy shouts, "Any idea where we're going yet?" He asks

"Not since you asked me an hour ago!" Warren shouts back

Doc talks to Murphy about Warrens visions. 10k and Sarge exchange a few words as Ace stays silent with 5k on her shoulders.  

They walk up a steep hill and find their destination. A building covered in red tarps. The tarps blow in the wind. The red, making it all too familiar to Ace. A dread hangs over her.

"Why am I not surprised?" Ace asks herself

"Aw crap! Not this place again!" Murphy shouts

"What? What is it?" Sarge asks

"We've been here before." 10k says, not wanting to go into detail

The memory of this place is burned into their minds like a tattoo on skin.

..

Ace keeps her head low as memories faze through her mind. Everyone converses about this place as she keeps her mouth shut. They pass the place 10k and herself got into their first fight.

10k looks back at Ace as she looks as the hated spot. He feels sorrow course through his body as he remembers the putrid words that he said to her.

Red streamers flutter in the wind and little torn pieces fly through the abandoned town. Dead bodies lay on the ground, making Ace feel all but better.

Ace looks down at the makeshift cannon that is now in shambles, dread hangs over her as a memory clouds her mind.

-Flashback-

The zombies grow closer and closer.

"Prepare for impact!" Ace shouts as she leans against the barricade

Everyone follows and the zombies hit the wall.

"Can't hold them too much longer!" Warren shouts. "Ace!"

Ace runs over to the makeshift cannon.

"Addy!" Ace calls

Addy runs over to her and loads the bags into the cannon.

"Get ready to open up!" Ace yells

"Seriously?!" Doc asks

Ace nods her head

"Ready!" Ace yells

"Oh shit!" Doc screams

"Now!" Ace yells at the top of her lungs. "Fire in the hole!"

The doors open and Ace pulls the rope as Addy keeps the cannon still. It doesn't work.

"Addy run." Ace tells her

She does as told. Ace takes her skull staff and whacks the cannon. An explosion goes off and smoke fills the air. All the zombies drop.