Chapter 11

Bonnie's POV:

After convincing Clemont to let me go, I came to the practicing arena to see all the Pokemon Ash had captured throughout his journey. It was a long walk to the arena considering the fact that Clemont had given me a 5 minute lecture about presenting myself in front of the others. He HAD to give it on the terrace so that it would be a secret.

"Right, Crawdaunt, why don't you improve your speed by practicing with Kingler? Both of you are the best of friends anyway. Now Staraptor and Talonflame, let's have a race shall we?", he asked the last two Pokemon who cheered and he first two nodded their heads and ran away, I mean crawled away to practice.

"Right! All the flying types, come here. Not you Charizard!! I consider you as an out and put Fire Type that can fly, so keep sparring with Emboar. Emboar, same like Floatzel, keep up your defense. Use that tough skin to soak up attacks. All the Tauros, you guys try lifting Snorlax in threes. One or two can't lift that big guy. Snorlax, you'll do everything you've got to keep your ground. I'm asking you guys to lift him because your strength lies in your neck muscles. Right, let's assess your strengths, Flyers. Staraptor is the most fierce, Talonflame is the fastest, Unfezant has the best maneuvering, Swellow has the best stamina, Pidgeot has the best defense and Noctowl has the best balance. All of you guys will attack one another and improve your strengths. Don't try to learn from your teammates as they may hinder your strengths. Fortify your strengths and them we'll head on to your weaknesses, alright?", Ash ordered fully pumped up. All of them roared in approval. What impressed me most was the fact that none of his Pokemon showed any sort of stress in their faces. All of them were happy to train and were in fact eager to do so.

"Aurorus, you're up with Glalie. Both of you, keep attacking. Glalie, use your body for slipping through the attacks and Aurorus, use your large body as a defensive measure. Raichu, you're up with Sceptile. Your Thunderbolt is amazing as always but can you attack a fast Pokemon? Plus, we need to build up on the speed you've lost since you've evolved from a Pikachu. Hey, Greninja! Improve your melee attacks with Infernape. Those close range attacks are your trump cards guys! Lucario, you're up against Feraligatr and Garchomp. Make one of them focus on you with their aura and I'll give you the rest of the day to yourself. Krookodile, you're gonna speed up your digging. Gigalith, pump up your Sonic attacks. They'll work against flying types. Seismitoad, you'll be trying to hit Krookodile. All the grass types, you'll work on your Vine Whips, Solar Beams and other attacks. The rest of you can attack anyone, anytime", he ordered in one single breath. As if on a cue, Delphox came out of her Pokeball when Ash called Greninja. She ran towards him and hugged the air out of his lungs.

"Delphox! Let him breathe! I know you're excited to see him. Let him breathe!", Serena requested. Well, Greninja was not in such a bad situation. He just couldn't move as Delphox had wrapped her arms completely around him rubbing her cheek with his.

"Phox! Phox! Delphox! Del! Del!!", she screamed at his face with joy in return to which Greninja seemed to smile and nodded his head with a "NIN!". Well, like trainer, like Pokemon. At least Ash had a clue about dating and didn't snub Serena every now and then without knowledge like the last time he was in Kalos. Delphox however wasn't amused and gave him a huge pout with her paws on her hips and a minor glare. Infernape sniggered from the corner and rolled his eyes. Delphox gave him a friendly smile which he returned and gave her a he's-clueless kinda look pointing towards Greninja.

"Take 5 minutes, everyone. Hey Delphox!", Ash greeted. She grinned and hugged Ash which he returned.

"My, my, my. You've gotten very powerful Delphox. I can feel it by the quality of your fur. Nice job taking care of Delphox, Serena!", Ash appreciated and Serena smiled blushing. Delphox however shook her head playfully and pointed towards herself kinda like in a I-looked-after-myself manner.