Chapter 13

Max's POV:

I still don't know that guy's name but his expression was somewhat like that purple haired guy in Sinnoh - Paul. Apparently, Ash had a minor tussle with him before his first battle in the Kalos League and he was upset for not being able to fight in the Kalos League. I think he was gonna take it all on me this time. Even after Ash's pep talk, I had no clue as to how I'd forget that horrible match against some guy named Trip who had a Serperior and wiped out my entire team with that grass type. That took a huge toll on my confidence.

"You're gonna get creamed, little dude", that guy told me drawing a line across his throat.

"In your dreams!!", I retorted.

"This is a battle between Max Maple of Petalburg City and James Hanson of Lumiose City. Both trainers can use 3 Pokemon and when all 3 of a trainer's Pokemon are unable to battle, the victor will be declared!!", the referee announced.

"Furfrou, get onstage!!"

"Ummm.... Gallade, let's go!?", I threw him unsure.

"Hmm.... Furfrou, Takedown!!"

"Counter that with X-Scissor!!"

Both of the attacks collided and while Gallade was shaken from that fast attack, Furfrou lost its balance as it's left frontal paw was wounded by the attack weakening it's speed. That's gotta account for something, right?

"Switch your balance, Furfrou!!"

After that command, Furfrou switched it's balance by placing it's right frontal paw forward so it was almost as if it hadn't taken any damage. It could still fight after that X-Scissor.

"Gallade, Teleport and use X-Scissor!!"

"Detect him and when he appears, smash him away with a Tail Whip!!"

Furfrou narrowed it's eyes and began to twitch it's ears and eventually Gallade appeared from above and attacked but Furfrou dodged it and brought it's tail to attack.

"Use your blades to defend!!!"

The Tail Whip was caught by his blades and both of them were struggling to push the other away.

"Teleport, NOW!! Use X-SCISSOR!!"

Furfrou was off balance and Gallade had enough time to attack it head on. Furfrou was struggling to get up.

"Come on, Furfrou!! Get up!!"

But Furfrou couldn't do it. It fell down with swirls in its eyes signifying it's defeat.

"Furfrou is unable to battle! Gallade is the winner!", the referee announced.

"Grrr! Furfrou, return!! You did well, my friend. Your sacrifice be won't be in vain! Frogadier, you're up!! Let's go!!"

"Gallade, start off with Close Combat!!"

"Frogadier, dodge it and stick it in one place with your Frubbles and point blank Water Pulse!!"

"TELEPORT!!"

But it was to no avail as Gallade was stuck and Frogadier had done the damage. Gallade was breathing heavily and went down on one knee, nodded at Frogadier and collapsed.

"Gallade is unable to battle! Frogadier is the winner!!"

"You did a great job, Gallade! Leafeon, let's go!!"

"Frogadier, use Water Pulse again!!"

"Leafeon, deflect it with Razor Leaf!!"

Both of the attacks collided but since Leafeon had a type advantage, the Water Pulse was nullified by the Razor Leaf and the remaining Leaves attacked Frogadier who winced in pain.