Chapter 29

Ash's POV:

I'm pretty sure Cyrus was dead, as I heard a weak groan and one final thud, and I checked once again to satisfy my curiosity. Without another second to waste, I recalled Decidueye and Scrafty who were busy fighting for the bigger piece of Pokemon food, and left on top of Charizard.

After a short half an hour journey on his back, I reached my home, or "Caveman's shack", as Serena called it and I saw Talonflame still standing with my letter.

"What are you doing, Talonflame?", I asked him and he thrust the letter into my chest and flapped his wings angrily motioning me to read the letter soon and I decided to do so.

Dear Ash,

Is it possible for you to write a reply to my letter within the week you receive it? When you send a reply to letter I had sent nearly a month ago, I get really confused and sometimes, the message REALLY goes out of context.

Back to the point, how have you been, Ash? I hear that Colress has been checking on Team Galactic every now and then, just to ensure that you get caught. If you haven't heard, Colress' daughters were killed in one of your ambushes, so he'll come out with his best guns blazing. PLEASE, do not do anything stupid, or as you'd like to call, "go by my intuition". I'm pretty sure that by the time you receive this letter, you'll have gained a lead on Cyrus or possibly even "befriended" him. I do not wish to interfere in your path, but I just want you to be safe.

To the most important point, I'm pregnant, Ash. Just like I told you, I ended up getting pregnant, 2 months to be exact. Mom was in fact ecstatic about it as I will be the 8th consecutive person in the Yvonne family to become pregnant as a teen, a feat I'm not so proud to have achieved. The consolation fact is that I'm the oldest Yvonne girl to follow the "tradition" being 18, well nearly 19. Palermo however, was highly disappointed in me and I've come back home, all the way back to Vaniville Town. She said that I've destroyed my career which I fail to believe so. Dawn began to freak out when I told the others the news as, well, you know, Dawn and Gary haven't exactly been the neatest couple to be around.

I've decided to keep the child, Ash....whether you like it or not. If killing and battling are your strengths, it's your gift...and curse. But I will not stain my hands with the blood of an innocent. If you'd want to call off our relationship due to this, fine. I can stand on my own legs. Please let me know of your decision as early as possible, as if...it isn't what I expect it to be, it would help me cope up with the pain comparatively easier.

Hopefully not for the last time, I love you Ash.

Yours lovingly,
Serena

P.S. If you are still willing to be with me, let me remind you of your promise, Ash. You have 7 months remaining...

The second I finished reading the letter, I just buried my face in my hands unable to comprehend the fact that I was SUCH a horrible boyfriend and an even worse human being.

I immediately penned a letter stating that I was nowhere NEAR letting her go, and I respected her decision. She was one of the few souls which had bound me to sanity and I'm not letting go of arguably the most important person in my life...as of now. decision of hers proved that she was a braver person than I am, and braver than I'll possibly ever be.

I tried the letter to Talonflame's foot and sent him off to Vaniville Town, and asked him to meet me at Nimbasa City in the Unova region. He screeched his name happily realising that he had to fly a comparatively shorter distance from the small town in Kalos. After he flew away, I left for Unova on Garchomp's back trying to remember the way Colress would try to avoid my traps and go on with his schemes of " Pokemon liberation ".