Hauntings of the past

Phoenix POV

We flew off to the sea stacks near the edge flying over the the sea, when Hiccup started talking.
" So, first things first training a dragon means trusting one another. Phoenix do you trust Sol?" Hiccup asked me looking serious.
"With my life." I awnserd being courious about where this was going.
"Then show me, jump of Sol and trust him to catch you. Sol are you okay with that?" Hiccup asked looking at Sol. Sol gave a happy and determined growl that made me happy too.
"You ready boy?" I asked Sol excited about this exercize.
"Well then, lets do this!" I said making a backflip of Sol with a smile on my face. This was one of the best feelings ever free falling, not caring about anything but this amazing feeling. I saw Sol closing in on me so I turned my body the right way and landed safely on the saddle Hiccup made for us.
"I could do this all day! How have I never done this before, or even tought about it!" I said happily.
"Nice job Phoenix, Sol. How about we get you used to a little more speed, maybe some twist and turns and go to the forest later and fly through it?" Hiccup asked me.
"Sounds good to me." I said.

After a lot of training non stop it was time for lunch.

"You are doing amazing Phoenix, how about you try beat the dome tomorrow?" Hiccup asked while walking into the main part of the Edge.
"Sure! We'll try out best, won't we boy?" I said filled with determination.
Thats when I realized the rest of the gang was there already too.
"Hey guys! How you all doing today?" I asked all of them.
"Looks like someone is happy." Astrid said smiling at me.
"How about you, me and the beach this evening? I heard the sunset is one of your favourite things to watch." Snotlout asked me in a flirtatious tone.
"Nice try loverboy, im not really into the whole relationship thing right now..." I said being honest about it.
"But you are right it is my favourite, and not just mine. How about you watch it with him?" I said in a mocking tone looking at Sol.
"Did you really just say thay? I regret letting you be my rider already." Sol said in a sassy tone, ofcourse the dragons were the only ones who could understand him. They all gave a dragon-y laugh. To the riders it just sounded like and annoyed growl.
"Oh c'mon boy I know you love me." I said taunting Sol.
"So Phoenix, Sol would you mind coming with me later to try and get some info from the dragon eye?" Fishlegs asked with excitement in his eyes and voice.
"Yeah sure why not, I want to know more about Sand Wraiths too." I said looking at the still kinda mysterious dragon.

No POV

After getting some food and talking with one another Phoenix followed Fishlegs to his hut. On her way she noticed Hiccup flying to the hut with a wierd cylinder looking thing in his hand.
"What's that you got there?" Phoenix asked with a curious look in her eyes.
"This, this is the dragon eye. The thing I was talking about. It might help us figure out some more about this guy." He said petting Sol on the head, as Toothless gave him a jealous look. Phoenix saw this and decided to give him some attention.
"Oh dont worry you big lizard." Phoenix said scratching Toothless hitting the sweet spot. Toothless fell down purring, while Phoenix was scared to death by this.
"Don't worry, you didn't kill him you just hit his sweet spot. Every dragon has one." Hiccup said laughing at the scene that happend in front of him.

They all arrived at Fishlegs hut and set up the dragon eye.
"So could you get Sol to give us a slow burn?" Fishlegs asked.
"I could buuut... first of we might need to know what that means..." Phoenix said giving a confused grin while her dragon gave the same confused expression.
"It's when the dragon creates a fire but doesnt shoot it, he just keeps the fire burning in his mouth." Hiccup said.
"Alright, got it Sol?" Phoenix asked the less confused dragon as he gave a confident growl.
"Allright show us your fire boy!" Phoenix said enthusiastic. Sol lit up the room with a slow burn. Phoenix looked at te writhings and pictures that appeared on the wall, and started reading.
"Whoa... Deadly Nadder, Tracker class. Magnesium fire, shoots spines, incredible sense of smell. Habitat, temperate rain forests. Diet consists of chiken, fish and sometimes even plants?" Phoenix said reading the projection on the wall.
"You can read THAT?" Fishlegs said as both the guys looked at me surprised.
"Yeah I had a lot of time before someone taught me how to fight, and I love reading sooo... yeah, I taught myself on how to read that. That and our healer helped me a little." Phoenix said said looking at the guys with a smile.
"So lets try some other combinations shall we?" Hiccup asked Fishlegs excited.

After trying a bit they were about to switch a lens, when...

"No way! Our healer used to have one of those! I saw it lots of times wondering what it was! She gave it to me as a present, so I could figure out what it was" Phoenix said looking excited. Fishlegs went on putting in a new lens while Hiccup was thinking.
"The dragon hunters!" "A map" Hiccup and Fishlegs said at the same time.
"Wait ... Hiccup, repeat that?" Fishlegs said getting concerned.
"That's why they attacked! They were searching for the lens..." Hiccup said with a look of sorrow on his face while saying the last part. Phoenix was shocked, getting tears in her eyes. Her happy facade broke. Her smile disappeard. Those lively eyes, now dull and full of regret. She ran out into the forest crying her eyes out. The only thing she could think about, was how she could have stopped this all from happening in the first place. She ran not caring where she went, Sol who tried to follow her had lost her already. She was fast, and couldn't be seen easily. As she rememberd where she put the lens, she stopped and took a look at it. Is was on her quiver. How had no one seen it there yet? She sat down sobbing, not knowing what to do with the lens. She wanted to throw it as far away as possible, nerver wanting to see it again. But it held memories... and the gang still wanted to know what new information it could give. She wanted to know more too...

. . .